What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the ultra copper as well. Was very generous with it to make sure it sealed things. Gave the joints a good cleaning/scuffing with a scotchbrite pad too to help it hold.

Oh, and Redbone, ill get pics of the Carrs soon!

Added a sissy bar for the gf. Picked it up at Boxxenstop when I was at bike week for $150. He had two on the shelf (factory ones in good shape). I had mine powder coated black.

Rode to my gf's house Friday. Speedo cable gave out on the beer run - I don't think Lola liked carrying wine back for my lady.

Saturday ... did Sugar Land to New Braunfels to San Antonio and home - totaled about 400 miles at a healthy pace.

Sunday ... rode to my brother's house for family time and the friggen idle circuits clogged up again when the fuel light alerted me to get some gas. Speedo cable ships Wednesday so I should know when I need gas again soon ... looks like I need to get a slide diaphram on the way too. I'll open them up and take a peek in the morning.

Put my Carrs on the bike today. Pics in my album cuz i dont know how to post it here, lol.

Right click the pic, select properties and it should pop up the Address(URL) which you can then copy and paste here using
insertimage.gif

picture.php

PS::rofl_200:

Well this should be what have I to the Vmax over the last several days.

First off all, I got the kerker 4-1 exhaust that I got from Sean, on the bike friday. Looks pretty good. I painted everything except the can, with matte black header paint.

I also dyno'd the bike Saturday. 109 hp. I will post the dyno slip, on my dyno thread. It was at 104 last month, so a 5 hp increase, and at 9000 rpm, I had a 13 hp increase vs the stock head pipes, and slip ons.

Sunday, had about a 250 mile shake down ride. The kerker sounds INCREDIBLE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhfD-uH5c_E&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• P1000126.jpg
    P1000126.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 23
  • P1000125.jpg
    P1000125.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 19
Well this should be what have I to the Vmax over the last several days.

First off all, I got the kerker 4-1 exhaust that I got from Sean, on the bike friday. Looks pretty good. I painted everything except the can, with matte black header paint.

I also dyno'd the bike Saturday. 109 hp. I will post the dyno slip, on my dyno thread. It was at 104 last month, so a 5 hp increase, and at 9000 rpm, I had a 13 hp increase vs the stock head pipes, and slip ons.

Sunday, had about a 250 mile shake down ride. The kerker sounds INCREDIBLE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhfD-uH5c_E&feature=youtu.be

Sounds good

Tried to find source of small oil leak. It is coming from the area above the neutral switch, left side of bike, behind middle gear cover. I thought it may be the seals on my clutch slave cylinder since there was a drop of oil on the bottom allen bolt, but not nothing above that point. There is also some oil on what looks like a drain bolt just a little to the rear of the slave cylinder. After I ride there is also a little oil spattered on my left exhaust just behing the footpeg. I bought and installed a rebuild kit for my clutch slave cylinder which included the piston seal, the outer dust seal, the seal for the clutch rod, and new spring.. I also installed a new middle gear cover gasket. I filled the oil close to the top line (1/8") while on the centerstand. Didn't leak while sitting, just after riding. Not a major leak, but I want to get it fixed. I thought it may be the shifter rod seal, and it may be, but the oil is above and to the front of that seal.
Bike has 14,000 miles, no other issues.

Anyone have any ideas?

SlowBox, where did you get the taillight for your bike? That looks sweet!

There is a thread in the 'user mods' section I just copied.

I also just finished installing my new rear Shinko and 2oz of dynabeads. I was about to give up on it when it finally slipped the rest of the way over the rim of my wheel. I was a lot more excited about that than I should have been.

I pulled of my front forks to install my progressive springs with a 1" lowering kit. Unfortunately I discovered that the last idiot that messed with the forks destroyed the top cap hex fitting. I took them to my local bike shop and he had to drill one and heat them both to finally get them out for me. I've ordered 2 new ones and I'm just waiting for the priority mail to show up. I hate having My boy sitting in pieces with such beautiful weather. I thought it would be a few hours??? Damn!

Tried to find source of small oil leak. It is coming from the area above the neutral switch, left side of bike, behind middle gear cover. I thought it may be the seals on my clutch slave cylinder since there was a drop of oil on the bottom allen bolt, but not nothing above that point. There is also some oil on what looks like a drain bolt just a little to the rear of the slave cylinder. After I ride there is also a little oil spattered on my left exhaust just behing the footpeg. I bought and installed a rebuild kit for my clutch slave cylinder which included the piston seal, the outer dust seal, the seal for the clutch rod, and new spring.. I also installed a new middle gear cover gasket. I filled the oil close to the top line (1/8") while on the centerstand. Didn't leak while sitting, just after riding. Not a major leak, but I want to get it fixed. I thought it may be the shifter rod seal, and it may be, but the oil is above and to the front of that seal.
Bike has 14,000 miles, no other issues.

Anyone have any ideas?
One bolt for the middle gear cover has a copper washer/seal on it. Many of us have been guilty of placing the washer in the wrong spot. The middle bolt on the bottom, I believe is the one. This bolt should be removed at oil changes to get the oil out of that area. Check it out.
Steve-o

Watched the news last night. Supposed to get up to 70 today here in western PA.

When I got up this morning, I went down in the garage to fire up the max after a long winter nap. It fired right up after sitting since November.

Opened up the garage door and let it warm up a bit as I checked air pressure in the tires. As I stood there in the dark and the excitement of hearing the bike for the first time of the year started to fade slightly, I noticed that it was cold as hell out! I turned on the air compressor and started to imagine myself freezing my ass off as I rode into work and said screw it. I shut off the compressor, shut of the max, rolled it back into the garage and laid it to rest for a bit longer.

I went upstairs and my wife asked if that was a new alarm clock for the kids :biglaugh: Funny thing is, my daughter was still sound asleep after hearing the UFO pipes rumbling and the single stage compressor doing its job. She could sleep thru an earthquake!

Watched the news last night. Supposed to get up to 70 today here in western PA.

When I got up this morning, I went down in the garage to fire up the max after a long winter nap. It fired right up after sitting since November.

Opened up the garage door and let it warm up a bit as I checked air pressure in the tires. As I stood there in the dark and the excitement of hearing the bike for the first time of the year started to fade slightly, I noticed that it was cold as hell out! I turned on the air compressor and started to imagine myself freezing my ass off as I rode into work and said screw it. I shut off the compressor, shut of the max, rolled it back into the garage and laid it to rest for a bit longer.

I went upstairs and my wife asked if that was a new alarm clock for the kids :biglaugh: Funny thing is, my daughter was still sound asleep after hearing the UFO pipes rumbling and the single stage compressor doing its job. She could sleep thru an earthquake!

I had both mine rumbling yesterday afternoon just might sneak 1 or both out today .. high 60's here today I actually took a shovel down to my road to help with drainage problems hopefully with some sun on it will dry up enuff..:punk:

Back