What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No riding right now. Raining.
So I am figuring out in my head just how I will be mounting my hardbags I ordered last summer.

Waiting on a pair of brackets I will need for the windshield, so any more stuff I do to the front of the bike shall happen after I get those in.

I been take the vmax out riding for the pass few days even got stuck in the rain.

Me and Mr vmax will be leaving each other. Going to sale her. I pick up 2 properties. So a few of my toy's going to a new home.

I will miss this bike.

Attachments

• Picture 1192.jpg
    Picture 1192.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 39
I been take the vmax out riding for the pass few days even got stuck in the rain.

Me and Mr vmax will be leaving each other. Going to sale her. I pick up 2 properties. So a few of my toy's going to a new home.

I will miss this bike.
That's a Shame, that a really nice looking Vmax too.

Thanks guy's, I put a lot of me into this bike. When I finish fixing up the properties going to buy a gen 2 bike.

Started switching to #40 pilots and am working on getting some Holeshot mufflers to replace my slashcut Ufo ones so i can be a little bit less obnoxious at 3am when i get off work and to stop the ear bleeding, lol.

Nice bike, I like red a lot. I wanted more red in my last paint job.
That's pipe wrap Frank. It's become popular on bike and car exhaust and comes in colors. I'm considering it myself. There is some performance benifit from doing it, I believe.

Addressed the fast blinking today on my 89. I' ve got a CBR integrated light in back, and regular bulbs in front. 2 -6 ohm, 20 watt ballast resistors wired in parallel on the forward section of the plug connections, and a nice slow blinking rate achieved. I found them on the rack in Auto Zone.
Steve-o

Nice bike, I like red a lot. I wanted more red in my last paint job.
That's pipe wrap Frank. It's become popular on bike and car exhaust and comes in colors. I'm considering it myself. There is some performance benifit from doing it, I believe.
I considered wrapping my pipe as well but when I was doing research on various wraps I found that a lot of people said it actually cause there pipes to rust out due to the wrap retaining moisture.
So I just ended up sanding and painting my pipes black with high temp paint.

So just make sure you do some research before committing to exhaust wrap.

Steve,

It's not pipe wrap...all PC...no performance benefit I can think of (those suckers get just as hot as before). Just makes the bike perty (at least to my old eyes!!!)

It's held up well since last year...so I'd say it'll hold up well for years to come...

I used pipe wrap on a custom exhaust on my M109R. The performance benefit is that it keeps the exhaust gas warmer longer, and that improves scavenging.

I installed the heat wrap and then sprayed it with the wrap sealant (which I think is just high-heat paint!) After I took it off (2 years after installing it) my pipe was quite rusty. I cleaned it up, repainted it with high heat paint, re-wrapped it, and sold it. I would not use wrap again because of the rust issue.

attachment.php

Got my new taillight/plate bracket in this morning that Falling sent me. Looks good, and I am pleased... VERY pleased. THANK YOU, FALLING! YOU'RE AWESOME!

In the process of mounting it, and I find that the harness wiring and light wiring are differently colored.

Black, blue, and yellow.
11218721_10205682892646945_2023638359735687566_n.jpg

Brown, green, and green & yellow.
11223919_10205682892846950_6690687234844070682_n.jpg

Now, it seems obvious that the black and brown wires are the ground wires, but which ones for the brake and which ones for the running and brake lights?

Finished putting in the #40 pilots and assembled the rack. Probably get em mounted tomorrow after work. I swear, 3 or 4 more weeks off yankin my carbs and my first fire of the season will be a burning bike!

Got my new taillight/plate bracket in this morning that Falling sent me. Looks good, and I am pleased... VERY pleased. THANK YOU, FALLING! YOU'RE AWESOME!

In the process of mounting it, and I find that the harness wiring and light wiring are differently colored.

Black, blue, and yellow.

11218721_10205682892646945_2023638359735687566_n.jpg

Brown, green, and green & yellow.

11223919_10205682892846950_6690687234844070682_n.jpg

Now, it seems obvious that the black and brown wires are the ground wires, but which ones for the brake and which ones for the running and brake lights?

Biker Dash, there are two little Leds that poke out of the housing and illuminate the license plate. Those should be on with the running light. A 9V battery has enough juice to test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, I have another solution... I have found some much brighter LEDs which I shall wire in. People behind me are gonna think I have a red headlight mounted to my rear fender by the time I am done... then I will hit the brakes and watch everything behind me liquidfy in the artificial red sunlight I will produce
pinkiecrazy.png
misc_Rainbow_dealwithit.png

Got some clean, used Holeshots today to replace my Ufo slashcuts. Ear bleeding will stop soon!

Attachments

• CAM00274.jpg
    CAM00274.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 18
So, I was chasing this pop at idle...I had done a stage 7 and exhaust and Dyna 3000 and Dyna Coils.

I tried everything with the carbs. It seemed like a classic lean condition. I did bigger pilots, A/F from 0.5-4 turns out. Same result.

At wits end, I finally thought to look at the ignition curve. It was running on the Dyna default curve. What I found is that the curve was set to go from 4° advance to 24° advance between 800 and 1300 RPMs. I took the curve and turned it into a hill instead of a cliff.

It's like music listening to this thing now. If you have a laptop programmable Dyna3000, I'd look at your curve. The bottom of default curve 2 is a swing and a miss for Dynatek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back