What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy K-Mart shoppers I mean fellow Vmax riders:eusa_dance:
Took the bike out for a 60 mile round trip this evening. New reg/rec seams to be working well:clapping:

I also took the rectifier loose, remounted it with some T&B Copper based conductor paste on the backside and replace the old ground wire I had installed from the R/R to the engine by the oil fill cap and replaced it with some pretty aftermarket red ground cable that came off my wifes old car.

Where can you get conductive grease? Only think I can find at the local auto stores is dielectric grease

Painted the faux tank instument cover and the 2 neck covers flat black. I also painted my new radiator cover hi temp gloss black to match up w/ the rest of the frame/ engine area. Once these parts are done I will start stripping the scoops and side covers to get ready for paint.

Yeah, I need to re-paint my radiator cover as well. My PO tried painting it dark red to match the bike but it's more like purple.

Yeah, I need to re-paint my radiator cover as well. My PO tried painting it dark red to match the bike but it's more like purple.
I thought about painting it the same color that I'm repainting the rest of the body but I decided against that. I bought the radiator cover with the tuning fork logo and Vmax on it, which is natural aluminum. I really don't want the radiator to stand out but it will be the only place that has "Vmax" on it.

I thought about painting it the same color that I'm repainting the rest of the body but I decided against that. I bought the radiator cover with the tuning fork logo and Vmax on it, which is natural aluminum. I really don't want the radiator to stand out but it will be the only place that has "Vmax" on it.

That'll look sharp Bro.

Today i took Marmite the mighty max to the Hastings May Day Run in good old sussex. Only 20 miles from home. 30,000 bikers gather on the seafront for a day of wandering around and sweating. Fuck me it was hot. One of our guys stuffed his Harley into the back of a car at about 30mph with his grandson on the back, luckily they are both uninjured. Then my other buddy gets his foot run over by a loony woman car driver, bitch wasnt gonna stop so i took the keys out until the old bill arrived. Should get some compo. Happy Days

I do have copper antiseize paste, would that work?

Yes, and I was wrong about the T&B brand, I've been using Loctite brand C5-A copper based anti-sieze lubricant.

I did a test today on it and it is a very good conductor, we use it to mount big power diodes and SCR's (400 amp range) in UPS systems.

I guess I've always refered to it as a conductor paste rather than anit-sieze since we primarily is it for it's conductive rather than anti-seize properties.

If someone needs some of this and can't find it I could always mail you some, maybe in a zip-lock and just put it in a regular envelope, wouldn't be a lot but still enough.

Let me know,

Rusty

Update:

I just soldered my crimp connection near the battery and also soldered and insulated the three wires from the stator. I re-soldered the main fuse connections and cleaned all my grounds. I also cleaned the cables going to the starter relay.

The only thing I haven't done yet is put conductive grease on the back of the R/R or put a separate ring connector to replace the single connector that goes to the red starter relay terminal.

I went from 12.30 volts at idle to 14.3. There weren't any voltage drops from the red R/R connection to the battery. At 2000 rpm the charging voltage went to 14.46 volts.

Woo-hoo!

Added a new LED taillight and license plate holder, Shorty Signals, Added 4 more discs to the Trapps so the count is now at 13, Did the CR mod again (going to do it again, Purple and Blue are too dark. Good thing I bought reb bulbs too.), picked up and installed faux tank, Put clear packing tape on my shiftlight. Now its time to wash it and go for a ride :)

Attachments

• signals.JPG
    signals.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 22
  • LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 39
KJ - the mural on the tank looks great and by the way that was my choice also - the bike is really starting to look great!

Mike

KJ - the mural on the tank looks great and by the way that was my choice also - the bike is really starting to look great!

Mike

Thanks, its starting to get there. Your bellypan went in the mail today, sorry for the delay. I've been swamped with work and dad in the hospital its been busy up here.

I finally got to pick it up from the shop and ride it! :th_image003:

Got a Metzler ME880 Marathon 150/90/15 put on the back Today. Went tooling around and found she leans into corners a lot easier.
So far... Me Likey!

Also splurged for a new Scorpion EXO 700. They were out of my size :bang head:.
So I should have it by the end of the week.

Sorry guys cam died... So I can't post pics for a while. :confused2:

Last night I put on newly chromed reservoir covers and modified my side cover bracket[for the fat tire kit] Today I will install new chrome fork brace.still waiting on my fender[the paint shop screwed up the color again]

I need one left side braided brake line if anyone has one. then shes pretty much done!

Added a new LED taillight and license plate holder, Shorty Signals, Added 4 more discs to the Trapps so the count is now at 13, Did the CR mod again (going to do it again, Purple and Blue are too dark. Good thing I bought reb bulbs too.), picked up and installed faux tank, Put clear packing tape on my shiftlight. Now its time to wash it and go for a ride :)

Your mural is awesome......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back