What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Brian, you scared the hell out of me!! I thought I'd screwed up major league!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
That was good!! :eusa_dance:

Tell you what, we'll slap one on ol' Redbone during the Brownie Run, how's that sound? :biglaugh:

Man if you take mine when I'm not looking, Tim's going to be pissed when his ends up on mine:biglaugh:

rear wheel install was a PITA. I think I have a method now. First step....DEFLATE.

3196874217_37342f02bd.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3499/3196874217_37342f02bd_b.jpg

higher rez

Looks great. Love the silver!

Well i broke the circuit board in my factory TCI unit while taking it apart! Especially frustrating given what a pain it was to just get the darn thing off the bike! Of course, i did also remove the front two ignition coils so it was'nt ALL the TCI's fault...:bang head:

Started tearing into my instument cluster to mount new gauges (Water/oil pressure) and relocating the tach in a pod with a custom rpm graph.

My bits from Cycle One Off came yesterday. Installed my new frame sliders and bar ends last night.

My brake linkage came in from C1O this afternoon. Hate to be the wet towel, but I really expected better. Gonna order one up from Python and see how it comes out.

Took Max on a 200 mile loop today with a local Harley MC. Riding formation with a bunch of RV's is a bitch, but it was a beautiful day out at Malibu, well worth the ride.

got my mesh in the mail for my vstax from bill kratzenberg addressed dave magoo, my wife asked me who is dave magoo, i told her let it go long story. THANKS BILL

Not "My Vmax". But I did spend the better part of day installing powder coated parts on my buddies Vmax. Everything from valve covers to the grab bar to replacing all the brake pads, oil change & also coolant. Still waiting on him to do his wheels so I can get the SOB off the lift and outta my garage.:bang head: Regardless, it was a Good Winter day to Listen to Metal, turn a Few Wrenches, Drink some Brews and just be Productive:punk:

Tested then put my gauge cluster back together and tested. Removed side plug to drill and tap for my oil pressure gauge.

I'm liking the analog gauges, they matches the muscle look I'm going for on my bike. But, I'm thinking about putting a digital speedo/tach combo in place of the speedometer and replacing the gauges and adding a volt meter with digital ones, once I figure out what color I want. But that will probably be summer when I can see how much washout I'll get from the sun.

Attachments

• gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 30
Tested then put my gauge cluster back together and tested. Removed side plug to drill and tap for my oil pressure gauge.

I'm liking the analog gauges, they matches the muscle look I'm going for on my bike. But, I'm thinking about putting a digital speedo/tach combo in place of the speedometer and replacing the gauges and adding a volt meter with digital ones, once I figure out what color I want. But that will probably be summer when I can see how much washout I'll get from the sun.

Nice set-up!! :thumbs up:

Thanks Danny:biglaugh:

I took a couple more pics. I'm going to disassemble the vibe-rider's control unit so I can wire the toggle switch, turbo button and the intensity potentiometer in the gauge cluster as well. What I'm thinking about doing is putting the on-off switch where the grey space is on the dash and doing away with the highbeam indicator and put the intensity potentiometer there, and finally put the "turbo" button on the handlebar. If that don't pan out, I'll figure out a way to put it all on a nice handlebar mount.:thumbs up:

Attachments

• gauges2.jpg
    gauges2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 34
  • gauges3.jpg
    gauges3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 27
Replaced the mounting hardware on all three rotors with chrome pieces, and replaced all three sets of pads. Might even flush the system tonight to make it complete, but ATM I'm as dirty and annoyed as I care to be.

I can't really complain, changing the pads turned out to be a snap, but being a bit anal I had to really get in there and clean everything, made a hell of a mess.

l_f64435b2825a42a2ba6d427f467b45fa.jpg

My new grips finally showed today, so I put them on. They are less eyecatching than my old ones, but the fab quality is really world class, I love em.

It's a good thing I love them, because getting my old grip off on the throttle side involved about an hour of cursing, a can of WD-40, a cordless drill with a uni-bit, a hammer, a WWII bayonet, and finally the cordless sawzall. Victory is mine!!

Needless to say, my old grips are in less than reusable condition.

My new grips finally showed today, so I put them on. They are less eyecatching than my old ones, but the fab quality is really world class, I love em.

It's a good thing I love them, because getting my old grip off on the throttle side involved about an hour of cursing, a can of WD-40, a cordless drill with a uni-bit, a hammer, a WWII bayonet, and finally the cordless sawzall. Victory is mine!!

The mental picture I got of this operation has me splittin' a gut!! LOL!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Do we get to see the finished product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back