What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's doing well. He's starting to get pretty alert during the day and sleeping a bit more each night. I think he gets up every 1 1/2 - 2 hours at night for feedings. He's definitely a boob man like his dad. I'm getting pretty efficient with diaper changes. Right now, they're yellow and seedy.

Mark

i enjoyed the diaper changes...during the day that is,,,at night id make believe i was sleeping:biglaugh:

started her up, then shoveled the snow in the driveway, no riding for 4 more months :bang head:. Prepped a new bellypan and then ordered a T-Boost and K&N filter.

first start up in three weeks of cold weather temp got above 45 started it up...was outside in shed where temp was between 20 to 30 deg ....first push of button fired right up didnt even turn over just bang...usually would not start it up during winter storage but added a little more stabil just be be sure.....ya it was great

:eusa_dance:Today i fitted progressive fork springs which i found improved the handling slightly, i then dropped the forks through the yokes (triple trees to you guys) by 25mm resulting in much less wallowing . yeeeeeehaaaaaah. i then terrorised the inhabitants of my native Sussex for a couple of hours.:gun shoot:

:eusa_dance:Today i fitted progressive fork springs which i found improved the handling slightly, i then dropped the forks through the yokes (triple trees to you guys) by 25mm resulting in much less wallowing . yeeeeeehaaaaaah. i then terrorised the inhabitants of my native Sussex for a couple of hours.:gun shoot:

Try some thicker oil! That does the trick!:thumbs up:

ive read wollowing can be caused buy worn rear tire...when lowering the front forks by sliding them up the triple trees..is the frame still level..does it still feel level when riding...or you cant tell

ive read wollowing can be caused buy worn rear tire...when lowering the front forks by sliding them up the triple trees..is the frame still level..does it still feel level when riding...or you cant tell

You can't really tell... I like the front lower than the rear because it falls into the corners quicker.:thumbs up:

:eusa_dance: its got a new rear tyre, the bike still feels level, were only talking 25mm, it just feels more positive when taking bends . drops in and picks up on the out alot better, and it was free apart from the progressive springs which i feel didnt do much at all:eusa_dance:

:eusa_dance: its got a new rear tyre, the bike still feels level, were only talking 25mm, it just feels more positive when taking bends . drops in and picks up on the out alot better, and it was free apart from the progressive springs which i feel didnt do much at all:eusa_dance:

Are you sure it didn't already have springs? I put a set in my buddies bike and it made a HUGE difference!:thumbs up:

I gotta agree with 4GaseM. I put progressive springs in this summer and I noticed a big difference. Especially when braking, the front end doesn't dive nearly as much as the stock springs.

Hey, 4Gasem - orgasm, I just got it! Nice play on words.

Last edited:
Did the winter oil change, carb sync, storage for the winter. We are about to get hit with some pretty big weather in a day or two----- no biking for a few months.
The weather guessers are predicting 8 to 10 FEETof snow above 7,000 feet( we are at 6,000 ft. above sea level) Global warming my a$$
At least my snow blower is working well:eusa_dance:
Lew

On my first max (96) when I changed to progressive with 20wt oil, it made a BIG difference - than when I put race tech emulators, progressive springs and 20 wt oil on my new max (06) it made a BIGGER difference - I still think that it's not at the level of inverted forks, but a hell of alot better than the stock pogo sticks it originally had.

Mike

Today I installed the DEGET braced and notched swingarm. I had a hell of a time getting the driveshaft to line back up into the universal joint.

I started to get the exhaust ready to install now too. I will get on that starting tomorrow.

Attachments

• DEGET S_A (1936 x 1296).jpg
    DEGET S_A (1936 x 1296).jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 36
I for one am real happy after being on a modified harley for 15 years,,,find no problems with the max smooth ride... handles great ...turns corners great ...stops good ...and enough power to keep me happy...and it still has carbs...all i ever found when playing with metrics or harleys is.....you have to learn to leave well enough alone because in the long run other problems start...guess i just got sick of spending money on these fuckers :hmmm: maybe ill feel different if i start getting the wobble weave...but right now all stock and steady as a rock

Dude, you have to post an original (IE BIG!) size photo of your avatar in the burn out pic, PRETTY PLEASE!

Thanks,

Rusty
:punk: ok , i will try, but im a bit of a technophobe, yep done it! look under as requested in burnout pit

66 temp today usually its reg all year long .... not this year so no ride....but i did start the sucker...with all the talk about keeping carbs full of gas and with dino oil and dry starts..i decided to start the sucker up once in a while with clean oil im thinking it should keep water and acid under control through the next few months,,,besides i needed a fix......dont mind me im a screw ball

I mounted the Super Trapps today. Sounds nice. I started with 6 discs and the high end was bogging, put a 7th disc and it is revving better but I think I need to try 8 or more. I didn;t have a chance to try 8 before work so I'll do that tomorrow.

My neighbors are gonna hate me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back