What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About to install chrome valve covers,have new carb boots to install and new valve cover gaskets.Then i have to cync the carbs again with my new carb tool,digital one i have no clue how to use this yet.:ummm:Going to try and finish up everything today and fire it up to hear it with the new exhaust.:confused2::confused2:

My buddy jim was feeling under the weather today so no start to hear exhaust,installed new taylor plug wires and plugs instead,carb boots are on though continue tomorrow and wish me good luck on the sound of the beast.:ten_out_of_ten:

Ordered new ME880 front tire. $97 to my door! Now I just need to steel Dan-o's spin balancer. hehe

Stripped, sanded and polished up a set of scoops I got from NaughtyG's ebay salvage bike. Damn, was it hard! I've got a sore back, sandpaper strawberries on my fingers but a great looking set of shiny scoops. I'll put 'em on tomorrow and see if they don't make the Max run faster.

Rode out to Cooks Corner, then made a local bike night (where my club swept, thank you very much).

TIRED. zzzzz

Went to visit my max last night as it was Valentine's Day,so had to show it some love - installed my new 440 Progressive shocks and took stock of mods that need to be done before riding season.

About 2 more months before I can ride her.

P.S. Did sit on it and made vroom vroom sounds - pathetic I know, but what can I say, it's been a long winter.

Mike

LoL! So Mike....how close were you to actually starting it up? Tempted I'm sure?

LoL! So Mike....how close were you to actually starting it up? Tempted I'm sure?

Oh ya, damn tempted to start it and hear my new HMF exhaust - but battery is out of it and it's sitting in a stall down a corridor - so it's s real bitch to get it in and out of there.

Mike

Ordered new ME880 front tire. $97 to my door! Now I just need to steel Dan-o's spin balancer. hehe

Mark-o, I think I've retired the 'benchtop balancer.' I got some Dyna Beads, been getting some good reports from the 'sunshine dwellers' who have tried them. Have you considered giving them a try?

Now if you want the 'garbage can mounting station' we'll really have to talk, that's a very sophisticated peice of precision equipment....not sure it would handle shipping!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

But for you............:clapping:

Completly re-assembled 02 money pit and fired it up,SOUNDS FUCKING AWESOME.My buddy jim helped me the entire way.Synched the carbs with my niffty digital new carb tool,NICE. Will try to get some video some time this week.Next project is to remove the pumpkin and install polished one ,then off to bike week for a day and then to the keys for some fun in the sun.
The guy jim i refered to is thevmaxrider on the forum.Good luck to everyone who's doing mods,be patient,its worth it.:clapping::punk::eusa_dance::biglaugh:

Helped out 02Moneypit assembling his Max. Cut my 18" Scorpion can down to 12" and synched my carbs. Have been working on getting my repairs made to Snowmax from the Supershow trailer incident too. Am planning a super secret special project for Snowmax when my 6" over swingarm shows up in March:biglaugh:

Pictures would be better but I didn't take any yet. I installed the LED tail light from this site(no more trailor light for a tail light) and put red LEDs in my gauges this weekend. Both changes look awsome.
http://www.motorcyclemods.com/

Pictures would be better but I didn't take any yet. I installed the LED tail light from this site(no more trailor light for a tail light) and put red LEDs in my gauges this weekend. Both changes look awsome.
http://www.motorcyclemods.com/

Dude, get some pics of that taillight setup! I have the same one sitting in my house right now. I am re-painting the bike soon, and am waiting to put that on until I have to take the rear fender off to be painted. I'm curious to see what it looks like!

Dude, get some pics of that taillight setup! I have the same one sitting in my house right now. I am re-painting the bike soon, and am waiting to put that on until I have to take the rear fender off to be painted. I'm curious to see what it looks like!
4gasem and I both have this tailight, maybe others too.:confused2: Easy to mount although I did have to extend the wires to complete the connection. Here is a couple photos of mine:

Attachments

• IMG_2776.jpg
    IMG_2776.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2759.jpg
    IMG_2759.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 33
got one of those tint kits at wally mart and tinted my flyscreen...
put my side panels back on after using silicone adhesive on the emblems...
took my gearshift pedal off and got the rubbers on the new (off an '85) one that is much farther off the stator cover
and
am painting my extra speedo cover black (was all peeling) so i can mount my harlan on it...

Attachments

• SSPX0137.jpg
    SSPX0137.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 20
  • SSPX0138.jpg
    SSPX0138.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 21
  • SSPX0139.jpg
    SSPX0139.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 22
I've had the Harbor Freight lift for 2 years & it still is going strong.I use it for both of my bikes(Warrior & Max)& for the price it's the "cats azz".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back