What to do?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for every 1 person who wants , looks and checks all the numbers. and knows what they mean.

there are 20,000 who just want a vmax . because it's a vmax.
let alone how would you check and see if the speedo has ever been replaced?
i would never change one for lower miles. but them guys are out there. just sayen
Good point Woody. My Max od said 12k when I bought it, but red sealer on the valve cover gaskets, and in the oil pump screen (hack hack) have always made me curious.
Steve-o

Good point Woody. My Max od said 12k when I bought it, but red sealer on the valve cover gaskets, and in the oil pump screen (hack hack) have always made me curious.
Steve-o

me too on mine b/c i got it with 1800 miles but both tires were basically bald.

Hello everyone. Instead of blowing up fire crackers on the 4th, my V-max decided to blow her connecting rod bearings and or crankshaft bearings. Happy 4th of July!
So here is my question. How much can you get for a 2005 Limited Edition with 15434 miles with a blown engine, but otherwise in excellent condition?

Can you let us know what failed when you find out Robert? Did ya buy that bike new (I'm wondering about acuall miles)? I think I'd flip that motor over and dig in. It might be fixable. But, if full of filings? Were you hammering it when it destructed? That info is valuable. I'll keep my ears open for a used engine just in case. Good luck.
Steve-o

I was wondering too......These engines aren't exactly frail...A failure at that mileage would be pretty unusual and something we might learn from....

The bike was new, and after break in only got synthetic blood transfusions with OEM filters.Yes I rode her like I stole her, but I never abused the red line. I live in some of the best twisties California has to offer and take advantage of that. Tires wear out on the sides not in the center, meaning no chicken strips like I see every weekend with the posers that come up here on there 160HP plastic-bikes. And yes, I am curious to find out what caused my dilemma.

I personally know of only one other fairly new engine cratering. Turned out to be the famous o-ring problem. Instead of just bulging, it blew out and caused a serious loss of oil pressure. Might take a look at it. There are several threads about this problem.

Sounds like he rides like me. Did you get the info you requested about your engine?

Sean

Back