When is it still a Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
images

maxresdefault.jpg

images

Lazareth-Yamaha-V-Max-SWe%20(08).JPG

images

610319ffaa86bc9319ed5c70a81af8d0.jpg

6935638593_d8013a57e2.jpg

8a7259a4a83a.jpg

6c8867870ec62bf06181d19bd6fe3d1b.jpg

I'll take the dosh spent on any one of those, buy a Gen II, and bank the difference. Pretty-creative, and probably a handful to ride, those.

Motor and scoops (of some sort) for me. I'd ride all of them, especially the swinger front one.

I WANT IT! Seriously... THIS is what I WANT!

+1

Vmax touring edition, looks like it would be great for the longer trips I dread on mine. Not to mention a place to put any stuff you are carrying, very well done indeed.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

That Yellow Beast of a helmet made me laugh.. Imagine seeing that thing coming around a corner on a dark night.. LOL

I WANT IT! Seriously... THIS is what I WANT!

I had one of those."88" Didn't have the vmax motor though.I bet that thing is a blast to ride.You could have some fun with a 1800 gold wing or a BMW klt1600??Heck a stock 1300 venture will keep up with the 1800 Gold Wings...

The entire power train, from air box to final drive is a VMax. 1300cc motor with .040" off head decks. VBoost, VMax heads, VMax wheels, VMax final. 6 pot 2011 R1 front calipers, 4 piston rear on a 320 floating rotor. blah blah.

Only thing I am really lacking is a VMax exhaust. Venture is a mono shock, and VMax won't fit in there. I do have a Marks collector & MAC or Jardines.

Its a frisky little sucker. By the time someone realizes its more than a full bagger, they are reading rear plate.

It is a 1983 Venture, was bone stock when I got it 10 years ago.

Gary

The entire power train, from air box to final drive is a VMax. 1300cc motor with .040" off head decks. VBoost, VMax heads, VMax wheels, VMax final. 6 pot 2011 R1 front calipers, 4 piston rear on a 320 floating rotor. blah blah.

Only thing I am really lacking is a VMax exhaust. Venture is a mono shock, and VMax won't fit in there. I do have a Marks collector & MAC or Jardines.

Its a frisky little sucker. By the time someone realizes its more than a full bagger, they are reading rear plate.

It is a 1983 Venture, was bone stock when I got it 10 years ago.

Gary

I would still call that a Vmax....or maybe a Vmax'd bike.....I dont think I would call it a venture any more.

Wow! I have an 85 and an 83, both run, one was in a house fire, melted right side of the bike, insurance totaled and put in a warehouse for 17 years, only had 17,000 miles on it, the other i bought from a fella last fall, runs but never rode it. Looks like crap, full title with it. And then i have the 89 which to me will definitely out run either of my Goldwings. The 89 is my favorite bike.
Then i have two 85 Vmax bikes, first one was dropped off a trailer, broke the oil filter boss, then they somehow broke the crank, bike is mostly all there, #199 vin, it was given to me, stored outside in Alaska for 15 years, lots of corrosion. No title.

Then there is the running 85 that i will probably take for a ride tomorrow, roads are finally clear, bought it last fall, only rode it 20 miles, but what a ride! I can really think along the lines of merging the fairing from a donor 1200 Venture. Or just shoehorn either just the Vboost on one, or the complete motor.
Would be interesting in the least to work out all the best parts, the rear mono shock tends to break at the frame on the early Ventures. But its also really nice having a gear indicator, CLASS suspension, the bigger fuel tank. If i can ever get my shop built its going to be my top project, a fully modern Venture Max, touchscreen radio, digital gauges, all the latest stuff. Like one if those early 60 Corvettes with modern running gear.

It would be the best thing in some years if Yamaha were to bring back the Venture Royale, not the current cruiser one. Its a shame Honda Goldwings saturated the market, technically the Ventures had more to offer until the Gl1500 flat six with reverse came out. Reverse is nice to have for a touring bike.

IMO if it don't have v-boost its not a vmax its just a V.

Latest posts

Back