where does this go?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tree trunks don't work for typing guys....holy f and I'm not even drinking

This from the guy who was seen shimming his needles, while balancing precariously on top of a stone wall, in the near full darkness of the deep forests around Brownie Run Central.......
hmmm.gif

COP RUNNER still mentions it to this day.:punk:

Someone mentioned Starter clutch Bill, that does look like one of the springs holding one of three pucks (so to say) but I couldn't imagine that coming out. But you did have stator problems last year didn't you? That's the only 2 places I can think of that I've seen a spring like that. Good luck.

This from the guy who was seen shimming his needles, while balancing precariously on top of a stone wall, in the near full darkness of the deep forests around Brownie Run Central.......
hmmm.gif

COP RUNNER still mentions it to this day.:punk:

I revert back to dealing with carbs and not phones smarter then me hahhaah...

setting guys bike last month thinking about how easy this is in the dark at brc and then having issues under the midnight sun hahahaj.

bill so you are going from stock to dj 170......u still running std 7needles....
try the 165.......
what's the wide open cut look like????

Only things on the carbs that I can think of that come close are the throttle return spring or the spring on the idle adjustment screw. but it looks too long for either one of those

Is yours the model with the carb chains? it could be a tensioning spring... :biglaugh:

I enjoy reading whatever tales the guys on here choose to contribute. They usually are some funny stuff, and sometimes you learn something useful from what they post.

I do enjoy your stories :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

i agree with ed too, one of the starter clutch springs (stuck somewhere else and came about?) or the clutch lever spring. di dyou confirm its still in there?

Check the throttle lever as well. It has a spring like the one you have in your hand, my clutch lever did not have a spring installed so not that important as I have had no issues with my clutch lever.

Good thinking JP but Bill has an '85 with the original Version I carb chain tensioning device....the small lead weights suspended from spider wire titanium cables. :blink000:
They are lighter than current versions but all manner of things get stuck to the spider wire so it's a constant maintenance thing. I was looking at Bill's bike at Thunder and noticed how clean his were!:eusa_dance:

They are lighter than current versions but all manner of things get stuck to the spider wire so it's a constant maintenance thing. I was looking at Bill's bike at Thunder and noticed how clean his were!:eusa_dance:

I also noticed this BB....at several different Brownie Runs. All the rest of us had bugs, road crud, hell, COPRUNNER even had a moldy old possum tail all wound up in one of his wires....yet Bill's were sparkling clean....:hmmm:

I'm beginning to suspect that Bill has a line on an aftermarket spider wire cleaning and rehab process that the rest of us have yet to discover...:confused2:

Back