Where to buy a certain screw...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
I am looking for a 5mm x .8 thread 10-20mm length screw that has a pointed end.. anyone have any idea where i could buy one?

reason:

my headlight housing doesn't fit 100% into the bucket for whatever reason. so the two bolts that hold it all together don't line up perfectly to the threaded part they screw into so it takes a lot of pushing and play to get it right, and if i had some sort of tapered screw instead of the flat ended stock ones it would probably make it 10x easier...

The headlight tabs with the hole threads bend easy. Make sure they are straight. Make sure your bucket is straight and lined up correctly too.

they're typically right against the bucket just not all the way in. i'll take a closer look at bending them back tho. i did paint the bucket but i mean that kind of thickness shouldn't have made a difference.

bucket seems to be ok as well.

NOTE, the oem headlight screw does have the alignment tips built in for this exact reason. It's not threaded for the first 1/8" or so. You can take any screw and sand the tip to a point. This will make it self starting and also do what you need.

Sean

NOTE, the oem headlight screw does have the alignment tips built in for this exact reason. It's not threaded for the first 1/8" or so. You can take any screw and sand the tip to a point. This will make it self starting and also do what you need.

Sean

yup. thats what i found out. the ones that were in mine were non-oem.

+1. Also, if you have a nut to fit, or the correct die (preferred), thread this onto the bolt, before you file (sand??) the tip down. You won't have to worry about cleaning up the thread following filing. Removing the nut or die will clean it up for you.
Cheers!

My headlight is the same way. It's a huge PITA to get the two screws back in. Lots of pushing and wiggling to get them to catch the threads.

But it doesn't have to come off that often, so I just deal with it.

my headlight is the same way. It's a huge pita to get the two screws back in. Lots of pushing and wiggling to get them to catch the threads.

But it doesn't have to come off that often, so i just deal with it.
+1, they are a bitch to put back in sometimes, especially with 2 relays in there! I'll don't know why I ever bought my relay harness with such shot leads to the relays! Eastern Beaver even offered longer leads at the time I purchased them, but it was before I added Cops and didn't think there was enough room under the faux tank!:bang head::bang head::bang head:
They do fit but it's tight and if I don't have them in just right it is extremely difficult to line up those two bolts. It make me wonder that even though I run a H4 55/100 watt bulb and haven't suffered any melted wiring.....yet!:confused2:

Back