Who else is working on bike projects this weekend??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogie

Reaction score
I am in the process of tearing down the R1 to put on the Leo Vince Full System that arrives this coming Thursday. :punk:

Stock exhaust of with the exception of the headers. Taking a break for lunch.

Might just leave the headers on till the pipes get here.

IMG_4766.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

IMG_4768.jpg

IMG_4769.jpg

IMG_4770.jpg

Just got done putting the 1427 chaindriven supercharged Vmax back together (replaced the trans this week).

Sean

Hey, I'm putting together my motor and found a seal I missed to order. Can't seem to find it on the parts fiche though. :bang head:
Anybody know the part # for the crankcase vent cover seal? :ummm:
1985 VMX-1200.

Thanks,
Paul

Eureka! I found it in the "Radiator Hose" section. 26H-12427-00-00.:eusa_dance:

Last edited:
whre did ya get that little YAMAHA carpet bogie??

me like.....:punk:

Bogie's tear down kinda looks like my buddies cbr600rr that is in pieces in my brothers basement. He asked me to help him with the power commander upload which should be fun.
May be back to ask some questions later......:biglaugh:

Didn't have a project planned, but tried to get in a short ride this afternoon & my MAX was only running on 3 cylinders !!! Cyl #3 was flooding over big-time, so I blew out the jets several times, got it cleaned out, synced it & threw in a new fuel filter just for peace of mind. A nice small project I guess & all is well again.

I received my new battery, and my new seat from Sean too!

They're both going on tomorrow, it's gonna be greaaaat..

My ass is so looking forward to it.

Bogie's tear down kinda looks like my buddies cbr600rr that is in pieces in my brothers basement. He asked me to help him with the power commander upload which should be fun.
May be back to ask some questions later......:biglaugh:

Uploads on the PC is pretty straight forward with a laptop.

I'm waiting for my new PC v to arrive also. :punk:

:deadhorse:

You are lucky Mrs. Bogie lets you take the bike in the house :rofl_200:

Well hells bells!!! It's Dan Q!!! :punk:

Wassup brudda!! Getting ready for the annual migration to the Gap??

:Shocked: That's what I said when I saw your screen name over here. Couldn't get my normal one, so I had to spell it out a little more over here. I hardly post here, but I read a lot. Never caught that you were over here.

I am SO ready to get on the road to Deals Gap already. I've got a track day at VIR and then I'll start prepping for the Gap. Still wish you guys were going to make it. :sad2:

its not just this weekend i work on a vmax project all the time its never ending!!!!!
Chris

Still wish you guys were going to make it. :sad2:

You and me both brutha!! :sad2:

I joined up when I had the 06 Max and still love coming on here and seeing what's new in the world of Vmaxland!! :punk:

Still dream of another Vmax someday. :eusa_dance:

You and me both brutha!! :sad2:

I joined up when I had the 06 Max and still love coming on here and seeing what's new in the world of Vmaxland!! :punk:

Still dream of another Vmax someday. :eusa_dance:

2010 :punk:

I've been reading since before I got the 05, and I post every once in a blue moon. Lots of good info!

Uploads on the PC is pretty straight forward with a laptop.

I'm waiting for my new PC v to arrive also. :punk:

Yeah, the stock upload should be a breeze. I have been reading a bit about custom maps and the tutorial says that to a advanced map you need to run it on a dyno w/ a/f sniffer. I know the custom maps run the gambit from mild to wild, but can I generally take a custom map from a equally equipped bike and expect the same results? Or will I still need to run it on the dyno to get it tuned properly for this bike?

Latest posts

Back