Womens MMA

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea Strikeforce is a good show. Tate looked like she was in a lot of pain... was wondering if her arm was broken. She gave the after fight interview and just said it was sore.

Ouch
Strikeforce.jpg

Rousey lost a lot of weight. She was 78kgs division in judo

+1
She was at 145, wanting to fight cyborg, but cyborg got suspended for steroids (it couldn't have been more obvious).

Tate's arm was fucked up. You don't bend the elbow 45 deg in the opposite direction and not have damage, let alone getting caught in that arm bar twice. Between her shoulder and the elbow, she's going to be out for a while.

I'm thinking the ref might be in a little hot water as well, He saw the arm get broken, but still waited for Tate to tap out. The arm bar was still being wrenched after her arm was visibly dislocated.

They're calling Rousey a one trick pony, but they way I look at it; 5 fights, 5 arm bar submissions, no one to go over one round. If the one trick is working, go with it.

strikebpgvertical.jpg

rouseybudd1.jpg

If she can take the initial punches she will go far. Once you can get in close and throw down its not hard to get the arm if you know what you're doing. If I was the opponent I would immediately try and stand up and face her and win with strikes. Same in Judo if someone is good on the ground you get up immediately if taken down you don't stay down there.
Tate should have tapped earlier. Once the arm is extended straight like that you're not getting out and just risking injury. It was bad sportsmanship on her part as far as I'm concerned. I can't blame the ref in this case, he does'nt want any controversy about whether she tapped or not.
I remember there was another ex-Olympic Judo team guy who gave a talk about when he fought to get on the team and was caught in a similar armbar and also did not give up. The other guy hyperextended his elbow and he still did not give up. I think he said the other guy let off in surprise or something and he continued the match and eventually won. He said it felt like someone poured lava into his arm. I still think it was bad sportsmanship on his part as well even though he came back and won the match.

It was bad sportsmanship on her part as far as I'm concerned.

No love lost between these two.
About sportsmanship, I would disagree with you a little, a lot of times it happens. You get that adrenalin flowing and shit will happen. but Rousey said she was going to break her arm in an earlier interview, she did just that and that is fucked up. Although I did win a little coin off the fight. :)

I like to watch both men & women in MMA but I don't agree w/the refereeing where the call ending the match is slow. That is why the ref is there to protect the fighter who perhaps cannot call submission/tap-out. Yes I know many of you will say what do you mean they are in the ring to fight, but there are some rules in MMA I don't agree with like pressure against the joint's natural direction of movement. Boxing has rules, and so do multiple forms of wrestling, i.e., folkstyle, freestyle, Greco-roman; none of which allow pressure against the joint. If the sport doesn't take better care of its participants they could find themselves legislated out of existence.

I am glad that Chris Cyborg got thrown out for steroids. I wouldn't mind seeing the screening before every championship fight, I dunno how often they do it now. Personally I liked Gina Carano (sp?) but next to Cyborg's enhanced by steroids physique she looked puny.

If we're after freak show value then let Cyborg do all the juice she wants & send her to Miami to fight Kimbo Slice.:biglaugh:Trauma-based entertainment for sure!

Personally I liked Gina Carano (sp?) but next to Cyborg's enhanced by steroids physique she looked puny.

Carano retired supposedly for other reasons, IMO I think the beating cyborg gave her was 99% of it. It was the most lop sided fight she ever had, not to mention her only loss. On the other side, she is starting to cash in on her looks and acting chops, don't want to derail that potential money train. Still about the loss, I wonder the validity of it. They fought in December 2011, Cyborg tested positive for steroids and was suspended for a year Jan 6th, 2012.

Cyborg then started tweeting messages toward Rousey, one of which showed a very photoshopped beat up Carano (Carano was a major influence on Rousey) trying to get under her skin. It was funny, Rousey fired a tweet back saying that not only does cyborg have a dick, she is one. :rofl_200:

saw the movie that starred gina it was worth a watch. it was nice to see an action movie with a leading woman that the fight scenes look real.

Back