Wonder/Weave issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedfreke

Reaction score
I have been having this wondering weave type issue that would come and go after riding for a while,almost temp related at times but really inconsistant. I ended up replacing the steering head bearings after checking several things, I even put a new front tire on it cause it had a wobble(replaced the front shinko with a metzler),nothing really helped, Sean suggested installing new head bearings and holy crap...it really is like a new bike. I have heard several people say this at time and I always thought it was kind of an exaggeration but boy was I wrong. The bike feels like everything I have done for handling improvements have all finally come together. I am running race tech front springs with ricor emulators and lowered internally 2", 11.5" progressive 430 rear shocks, notched and braced swing arm, solid motor mounts and frame braces. The bike feels great....it actually feels smaller....kind of weird but it feels smaller and more manuverable. I was amazed at how notchy the head bearings felts when it was just the triples...unbelieveably bad....I couldnt be happier at this point. I think a brake upgrade is next!!

Richard

Good job, I'll be working on my front end next year when I update it.
I'll replace the bearings as a matter of maintenance when I have it apart. No sense having it all apart then have to tear it all apart again in 6 months, which would be just my luck.

i'm willing to loan out my tool for anyone who wants to try a go at it without grinding your neck or races

Latest posts

Back