Wow pics

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
Here's what I found when I opened the case on the front of the swingarm.
adeduza8.jpg

pavutumy.jpg

Then here's the biggest piece left of the chain
u7usuvuq.jpg

Here's when I poured it into a plastic bag
u9ehysyh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5✨

That is crazy. After seeing those pics, I'm just happy that your ok.
That must have been one hell of a ride.

Mike

I get the impression that some guys shift gears without using the clutch.

Holy smokes! Looks like the inside of some type of super duty blender! So glad it happpend at a speed that you were able to keep the bike upright.

I take it those pieces of chain aren't supposed to be all bunched up inside there like that? WOW! Glad you rode it out with the rubber side down.

Dayum, glad you're ok. Hopefully that wasn't a Schwinn chain.

Wow, pretty catastrophic failure.

Is there another thread somewhere with the story behind this?

Just guessing but this reminds me of the Trans Am I had that suffered a dramatic rear end failure that locked the rear wheels up while running 80 mph; a butt puckering experience to say the least.

ed has been dealing with this for a long time. sorry to see that buddy. holy shit.

Is this where the drive shaft connects to the u-joint and that joint connects here?

First, on this bike I've NEVER shifted without the clutch, not one burnout, not even a wheelie.
Second, I was just cruising at 70 mph when it just went CLUNK, and locked the rear wheel SOLID. It took every bit of my 40 + years experience to keep from wiping out. Now as I told Steve, I don't want that same type of design so he has another better Stronger idea that he's making for me. Now my issue I gotta really prove to my wife that It will be safe cause she's scared to ever ride it again which sucks but don't blame her but Steve assures me it won't. Like I said, my life just busts my balls and just wanna have a dependable bike.

First, on this bike I've NEVER shifted without the clutch, not one burnout, not even a wheelie.
Second, I was just cruising at 70 mph when it just went CLUNK, and locked the rear wheel SOLID. It took every bit of my 40 + years experience to keep from wiping out. Now as I told Steve, I don't want that same type of design so he has another better Stronger idea that he's making for me. Now my issue I gotta really prove to my wife that It will be safe cause she's scared to ever ride it again which sucks but don't blame her but Steve assures me it won't. Like I said, my life just busts my balls and just wanna have a dependable bike.

Was she with you when this happned?

A chain drive would be much easier with a jackshaft!

Sean, would it be possible to keep my rear wheel with a chain drive? I just don't want to lose my PM wheel and I know we talked about selling my swingarm to help offset cost but what would it work out to? I still need Steve to get mine fixed before I could do anything but that little lockup terror slide made me less of a shaft fan to be honest. Hell I still gotta convince Autum to EVER ride my bike again after she saw the inside of that case. She actually started crying.

A chain drive would be much easier with a jackshaft!

+1 :D

I put a 210 on my last rim. I don't know if it could go much bigger you would have to shim out the front sprocket out and the rear. Kindof curious if a wide tire would fit on a chaindrive max..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ed has been dealing with this for a long time. sorry to see that buddy. holy shit.

Thanks Garrett, I hope I get this resolved before it kills me literally. But I do appreciate your empathy. I'll keep ya posted buddy, Ed

To chaindrive requires engine mods as well as custom swingarm and wheel. I have ONE custom adapter that converted a shaft drive (stock at this time) wheel to a chain drive that would allow you to keep the custom wheel you have.

I have seen a 280 done without jackshaft. The chain did not run perfectly true but it did work and the customer is still driving it (a blower bike). It required custom motor mounts that shifted the engine as far right as possible (no flanges on the right bushings and thick flanges on the left).

Sean

Latest posts

Back