Yamaha Accessory Performance Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a minute, no such thing as signal light fluid??? I beg to differ on this - I just added some to my signal lights and it definitely made them brighter - honest :ummm:

The exhaust is a first for me too - never seen them before - thanks for sharing.

Mike....yer pullin' my carb chain....right? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Wait a minute, no such thing as signal light fluid??? I beg to differ on this - I just added some to my signal lights and it definitely made them brighter - honest :ummm:

The exhaust is a first for me too - never seen them before - thanks for sharing.

Hey Mike, did you put the non-skid grease on your tires like I told you? You know you get much better traction when the tires won't skid:rofl_200:

wheres morley on this one? has anyone ever seen them before?

Hey Mike, did you put the non-skid grease on your tires like I told you? You know you get much better traction when the tires won't skid:rofl_200:

Yes Sir! Me there always listens to the wise elders on this there forum there. So let this there be a lesson to the youngers here, if they tell ya there that carb chains are a necessary mod, then so be it, carb chains it is, right Danny! :confused2:

Mike

I've seen pics before but never seen them in person. Wasn't even sure who made them. The connection point will help them make more power then the Cobra's (which could benefit from the same crossover style).

It's not that you are increasing flow but you are increasing scavenging which helps "pull" the exhaust out. It's still not as good as the scavenging that occurs when cylinders are merged into a single pipe from 2 into 1 or even better from 4-1 (most of the time).

Sean

Yes Sir! Me there always listens to the wise elders on this there forum there. So let this there be a lesson to the youngers here, if they tell ya there that carb chains are a necessary mod, then so be it, carb chains it is, right Danny! :confused2:

Mike

That's right there ya young whipper snapper:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I've seen pics before but never seen them in person. Wasn't even sure who made them. The connection point will help them make more power then the Cobra's (which could benefit from the same crossover style).

It's not that you are increasing flow but you are increasing scavenging which helps "pull" the exhaust out. It's still not as good as the scavenging that occurs when cylinders are merged into a single pipe from 2 into 1 or even better from 4-1 (most of the time).

Sean

Thats what we needed!

i wonder why it didn't take off? Maybe more expensive than supertrapps or cobras?

OK....OK!!!:biglaugh:

Cyclejohn....the carb chain reference was just a smart-ass remark on my part!

The easiest way to explain it would be to say I was using sarcastic humor to indicate I was questioning that your pipes were an actual Yamaha performance accessory.

For that sir, please accept my apology....I was wrong in doing that!! :worthy:

As you can see....my friends are enjoying watching me squirm here!! :punk:
You mean to tell me that for months now I have been trying to fabricate and tune a carb chain modification as per your suggestion and sketches for Skyshot, and it was all B.S.??????????????????
I think I am beginning to see that you really are not interested in helping Rockatansky and me with our distance jump attempt at all.....:ummm:

You mean to tell me that for months now I have been trying to fabricate and tune a carb chain modification as per your suggestion and sketches for Skyshot, and it was all B.S.??????????????????
I think I am beginning to see that you really are not interested in helping Rockatansky and me with our distance jump attempt at all.....:ummm:
Hardly the case! In fact looking at the "out of the box" thinking that went on this controversial subject help expand the thought process to really get the creative juices flowing. This newly discovered exhaust has piqued a bunch of interest in the possibilities of something new and exciting.
Think of the expanded possibilities that the carb chains theory may have spawned! Nay, yes I said nay, we are not here to impede the distance jump attempt, but to expand upon the entire process to make the best possible attempt. Rest assured we are with you my friend, well most of the "out of the box" thinkers anyways! Rock on!:punk:

I think yall officially ran the guy off now! Those pipes did look nice. Wonder why they are so rare?

Carb chains? Why when I was a kid the hot must have equipment were muffler bearings.

Not for a second '85,' perish those thoughts!! I'm actually trying to keep it simple for the 'less enlightened'!

As I'm sure you remember, and was detailed in great lengths on my sketches, carb chains from earlier model British bikes with slide carbs perform very well in air-born cycles, such as Skyshot, and will completely eliminate that 'fuel vertigo' issue you were having difficulty with during practice jumps.

I simply omit any reference to carb chains in ground based cycles as they serve no usefull purpose and really only confuse performance.

Rest assurred my commitment to 'the record' is as strong as ever, don't give up on the carb chains just yet, I still think they have a valid application on Skyshot....we, down here on the ground, are behind ya!! :clapping::punk::punk::clapping:

Oooo....what's this?? :confused2::ummm::confused2:

You guys crack me up. Mess with the FNG huh! I have to admit you had me with the carb chains. That's a new one for me. Actually had me trying to research it to see if it was an upgrade that I would like to do to my Vmax lol. The friends that I checked with to see if they could make a short vid for me of the pipes all have to work this weekend. I'm thinking I'll just run to Wallyworld and buy one. Any recommendations? I know about zip when it comes to video cameras. I'll do my best to try and fit in here. I've only been around here for a couple of months even though I've had the Max for over 7yrs. Anyway, my eyes are open now so fire away. John

Latest posts

Back