yamaha fly screen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

113s&s

Reaction score
i have tryed the taller windshield the mini 111 shield and took it off after a week..the wind buffet noise.sound around my full face helmet took the joy away from riding..at 30 mph it sounded like i was was going 120 mph.....with no shield nice and quiet .....if anyone knows what i mean...id like to know about the yamaha fly screen ..does it cause this problem also....thanks

Try doing a search here.Just about every possible one has been posted in the past.I do not use one.If I did it would be the stock assesary one.

The flyscreen looks good and deflects a reasonable amount of wind and rain. You have a little helmet buffeting but that went away with a lower seat.

Shawn, you rode mine what did you think of the screen?

Mark

The flyscreen looks good and deflects a reasonable amount of wind and rain. You have a little helmet buffeting but that went away with a lower seat.

Shawn, you rode mine what did you think of the screen?

Mark

I forgot about that! Worked good,no buffetting.I probably need to get one.They have to help when you are tucked down haulin.

did the search...Jayhawk had a nice write up when trying the mini fly screed...it did keep some wind off the chest put the noise level was much louder...thats what i was afraid of...like the looks also....used to no shield now with full helmet .....bend over a little with elbows on knees and can go for a long time in comfort and quiet

I have a larger windshield (by tracy designs - discontinued I think) that affords great bug/ rain protection with no or barely noticeable buffeting. But it catches cross winds and is too big for a vmax I think. I will keep it for when I take longer trips.
I am going to the the yamaha instrument cowl for better performance/ looks while sacrificing some bug and rain protection. I am also having Sean redo my seat and getting drag bars. That should sit me lower and pull my helmet/ body forward to tuck in better behind the smaller windscreen while riding normally.

I tried a large screen and tried many different angles---- nothing worked. I went right back to the factory fly screen and have been happy with it.
Lew

I dropped the Yamaha Windscreen on last week. It really cuts the wind blast at high speeds and even helps at lower speeds.

Oh, and for those complaining of helmet buffeting, my neck was worn out from fighting the wind at 85mph for an hour, so a little side to side action without the constant back pressure is worth it.

:rocket bike:

Here are some pics.... at night... looking sexy as ever. I think she's a thing of beauty, and looks bad to the bone and faster than a liquored up Redhead even standing still......

:rocket bike:

Attachments

• Night Max 2.jpg
    Night Max 2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Night Max.jpg
    Night Max.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 75
So is this the Yamaha FlyScreen?
I'm looking for the small short shield that basically only covers up to the Speedo.
I sent an email to mnmax who has it listed in the b/s/s board and he never replied.

I also sent an email to University Motors asking them for a price, and they haven't replied either.

Plus Yamaha's web site only has a clear shield and part # no smoked colored.

Attachments

• flyscreen.jpg
    flyscreen.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 23
I've been debating getting one for mine.

QuarterDonkey, I took mine off and if you want to try it out we can put it on at Conesville. You could probably talk me into buying it, but it's gonna cost you more than a beer this time.

Jeff

So is this the Yamaha FlyScreen?
I'm looking for the small short shield that basically only covers up to the Speedo.
I sent an email to mnmax who has it listed in the b/s/s board and he never replied.

I also sent an email to University Motors asking them for a price, and they haven't replied either.

Plus Yamaha's web site only has a clear shield and part # no smoked colored.

You can pick them up for between $90-$110, depending on who you go through. Yamaha calls them an "Instrument cowel"

Attachments

• KJSMAX2.jpg
    KJSMAX2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 38
82ndcowboy, I did reply. Anyone else having issues. I have received 2nd and 3rd emails from others asking to respond when I have. I just left you a pm, email me again. I tried Umotors last week no response

mnmax
conan young

QuarterDonkey, I took mine off and if you want to try it out we can put it on at Conesville. You could probably talk me into buying it, but it's gonna cost you more than a beer this time.

Jeff

Why was it you took it off Jeff?:whistlin:

Back