Yamaha/ Star Demo ride in Michigan

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
This was posted over on the VMOA site and I can't find it posted anywhere here.
Here is some info for anybody in Michigan or nearby. I pulled this off the VMOA site.
"Attention All Michigan Vmax Owners and anyone who can attend!
Wes Nolde, from the Yamaha Corporation has contacted us with a special invite to all V-Max owners! He has planned a Star Yamaha event on May 23rd and 24th in Mt. Holly Michigan. This is a Corporate sponsored event. They would like to have as many V-Max owners as possible attend this event. There will be special parking for V-Max bikes along with V-Max goodie bags for all that attend. The event will include group test riding of the new 2009 V-Max, they would like serious feed back on the 2nd generation V-Max from current V-Max riders & owners! There will also be opportunities to test ride other Yamaha bikes such at Royal Star Venture, Road Star Warrior, R1 etc. This event will have free food throughout the day and other accommodations. Below is the link for you to go to the Yamaha web page http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/demo.aspx. The hours for this event are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Hope to see as many of you there as possible! Please see directions below.

Exit I-75 @ mile marker 101 to Grange road east, follow grange rd east approximately 1 mile to Dixie hwy, then turn left (north) follow Dixie hwy for approximately 2-? miles to 13536 Dixie hwy and your there!"

Warbeast contacted me that he and Sandy Klock probably will going from the Mid Michigan area, I'm going to meet up with them to ride to the event. Any others are welcome to join us in a parade down I-75 to Mt. Holly.

Well no kidding. Holly is about 40 minutes away, I'll be there barring anything crazy or unforseen.

Thanks for posting that .I was at the Illinois VMOA event this weekend and we where talking about this as well.We would like to see as many V-max as we can getA lot of the guys are going to try and make as wellSee Ya ThereBones

I'm trying to talk my brother on his FZ1 to come down too. It should be a good event and the 6-7 weather forecast looks great! There are some great back roads in the Mt. Holly area to ride too.:punk:
Might have to head up to Franklin and Davison in Flint to get a Angelo's Coney Island. :thumbs up:

I am seriously thinking about making the 12 hour drive from minnesota.

i really want the new max, cant afford it though

but im still wanting to make the drive to test drive the new max, we'll see,

also the UFC fights are on saturday, i wont miss those, is there a buffalo wild wings around the area? they have pay per view fights

also the UFC fights are on saturday, i wont miss those, is there a buffalo wild wings around the area? they have pay per view fights
I am riding down on Friday,planning on leaving around noon-ish. If your coming through the U.P. maybe we can ride down together?
I'm sure there is somewhere in Flint that will have the UFC fights on. :confused2:

There are three BW's around that area. One in fenton, one in Grand Blanc and one in flint.

I just asked on the VMOA site what time everybody was planning on getting there. I was thinking it would be great for us to all stage up and ride in together. I was thinking that Rocky's on Saginaw St might be a good place, it's just a short ride from Mt. Holly, less than 15 minutes away.

Here's a little more info on the local dealer that is advertising the demo ride at Mt. Holly:
I checked a few of the dealers around the area of the demo event and I only came up with this one dealer that had info of the demo on their website. They had a great rep when I lived in the area and they have been around since the early 80's.

RayC's Cycle and Sports - http://www.raycs.com/shop/index.htm
1381 Imlay City Rd
Lapeer, MI 48446
Phone: (810) 664-9800
Fax: (810) 664-2024
email: [email protected]

From the Star website:
Sign up and show your valid motorcycle operator's license to ride a new Royal Star Tour Deluxe, Royal Star Venture, VMAX Raider, Stratoliner, Roadliner, Road Star, V Star, or Road Star Warrior. (Demos also include the FJR1300, R1, R6, FZ1, FZ6 and FZ6R.)

Hope to see you there!:punk:

Redbone,
I appreciate the offer but i would be coming from the south, i think, IF i decide to go.

i really want to go, but 12 hours one way.....:ummm:

I am riding down on Friday,planning on leaving around noon-ish. If your coming through the U.P. maybe we can ride down together?
I'm sure there is somewhere in Flint that will have the UFC fights on. :confused2:

Redbone,

I just clicked on the yammy link and they are going to have demo rides in Millwaukee, same dates, half the distance, literally.

I think i will go there

Yeah, that's a much better option. The Michigan one would been a long ass haul just to get a couple rides.
Glad you found one that's easier to get to for you! :thumbs up:

Well, it was a good demo! We had fun. Redbone, you have more ballz than I when it comes to riding that new Vmax monster. It was good to meet you though!

Well, it was a good demo! We had fun. Redbone, you have more ballz than I when it comes to riding that new Vmax monster. It was good to meet you though!
It was good to meet you and your wife too Spaz!. Let me know what your timetable is for the Blaney Park , I will see if I can get Friday off when I get back to work on Tuesday.

The new Vmax is impressive indeed! Riding it in the demo only tempts you to buy one. I was only able to get it up to ~6500 rpm but that was enough to make the front end really light. There is power everywhere with that thing, one two gear 2 low? no problem just twist the grip and your going right now! That torque difference between Redbone and the 09 is amazing!
When you sit on it it feels sooo wide, I could flat foot it but not by much. I found myself turning in too quickly on some of the tighter corners but was afraid to give it too much throttle in 2nd gear for fear of evoking a powerslide. The bike is really nimble for a 600+ lb bike, feels lighter than my gen1, they have really have the weight hidden well.

Latest posts

Back