Yamaha Venture part out.....any interests???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65fury

Reaction score
Hey guys, not sure where to post this, but my local bike shops owner has a yamaha venture he wants to part out, Not sure of the year. But i know some parts are will work on the vmax:biglaugh:. So i thought id post up and see if there are any interests and what parts are innerchangable??? Im gunna talk to the guy tommarrow about parting it out and if anyone on here wants parts ill try to be the middle man and get prices and more info for those that are interested. I believe the bike is complete, i think it may run too. Also if anyone on here can tell me how much parts from the venture are worth like carbs, motor, shaft drive assembly, front forks, or any other part that is commonly used, that way i can find out how if the owner is willing to just let it go for cheap or if hes gunna try and squeeze every dime outa it.

Jason

Need to post the year to know for sure what will/won't interchange.

Sean

Okay well i got a little more info on the Venture, its a late 80's(ill get teh exact year tomarrow) John the owner is almost positive its the 1300 motor and its a complete bike. Tomorrow ill try to get more info liket eh exact year and to positivly ID the motor as a 1300, so with it being a late 80's bike what parts are good for the vmax??

Jason

if it's a 1300 then that will make all the difference. The 1200's aren't worth much. The 1300's are much better. There are pics of the engine id area on my facebook (and a thread on here somewhere).

Sean

Okay got some more info on the bike, its a 1985 and he said its the 1300cc motor..... but i havnt gotten to actually see it myself so i cant verify it forsure. Did the 1985s have the 1300 motor?

Okay got some more info on the bike, its a 1985 and he said its the 1300cc motor..... but i havnt gotten to actually see it myself so i cant verify it forsure. Did the 1985s have the 1300 motor?

1986 was the first model year for the 1300cc motor. Although, half the people in the world look at the build date on the i.d. tag which may say something like 09/1985 and then assume it's an '85 where it would actually be an '86.

But, it could very well actually be an '85 which would be a 1200cc unit... :confused2:

G Man

1986 was the first model year for the 1300cc motor. Although, half the people in the world look at the build date on the i.d. tag which may say something like 09/1985 and then assume it's an '85 where it would actually be an '86.

But, it could very well actually be an '85 which would be a 1200cc unit... :confused2:

G Man

Hmmm good to know, ill try to get a look at the bike so i can know forsure, maybe it'll have some 1300 badging?? or say something on the bike referring to it as having the 1300 motor?

jason

The 1300's said so right on the side cover inserts of the stator and clutch. The best way to know for sure is to look at the casting number which is located right under the front head between the pair of cylinders. Not easy to see when it's in the bike but not impossible.

85's were 1200's.

Sean

Ill try to get a look at the bike and maybe some pics, other than the motor, is there anything else that the vmax can use from the venture?? like the rear drive pumpkin, has lower gears right? what about the front forks? are they better or the same? Thanks'

jason

83-85 won't work. 86 and up will. Completely different rear ends so should be easy for you to spot. Carbs will work if 86 and up 1300 too. That's about all that's worth swapping over.
Sean

83-85 won't work. 86 and up will. Completely different rear ends so should be easy for you to spot. Carbs will work if 86 and up 1300 too. That's about all that's worth swapping over.
Sean

Ohhh well that'll help me know what it is too, thanks Sean. Im still trying to see if i can get pics of the bike, its at the guys house, but he might bring it over to his shop.

Jason

Back