Yellow Baby Snot

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
Hello
Now that I have your attention...
I had my airbox off last night and I noticed in the crank case vent hose a substance that looked like yellow baby snot, same consistancy and all.
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to what it might be :ummm:
TIA
Cheers:cheers:

PS. the small hole in the front of the air box, is that supposed to attach to anything. I couldnt find a hose let alone anything else to attach it to?

Time to change the oil. Mine does that a little bit but that's because I use Shell or Castrol GTX automotive oil and it foams a bit easier. I just change it more often. The front hole is a drain hole in case water gets in the air box. Bikes come with a drain hose but I rarely see them attached. It's fine w/o a hose.

Mark

Moisture in the oil?????? Change the oil and fewer short trips---ei: get the oil up to full operating temp more often.
Just my .02,

Lew

Cool guys Thanks, I use the bike for commuting so really no short trips, dont know how long it has been there. I will clean it out and keep an eye on it
I use Rotella 15w-40 so I am hoping it doesent foam as much.
Thanks again

Cool guys Thanks, I use the bike for commuting so really no short trips, dont know how long it has been there. I will clean it out and keep an eye on it
I use Rotella 15w-40 so I am hoping it doesent foam as much.
Thanks again

That's what I used last and it was great...

I am now using Shells Rotella 5W40 true synthetic at 18.00 per gallon it's a lot cheaper than Royal Purple's M/C oil...:banana:

Latest posts

Back