you like Ducati, think about it :)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO :rofl_200:

I have one photo related:

"Habbits form childhood, better get rid of some"

1292769611_by_Colin360_500.jpg

I just wish it could be easier and cheaper to go for "alternative brands"
Anyway competition is always good for the end customer :p

I just wish it could be easier and cheaper to go for "alternative brands"
Anyway competition is always good for the end customer :p

An alternative brand like the BMW 1000 crotch rocket will cost less than a Gen-2. The Ducati 1198 goes for about 22k which is close to the Gen-2 price. The Diavel goes about 17-20k according to a couple of websites. Gen-1's were priced to appeal to the masses. The Gen-2 commands exotic-bike money and folks willing to pay exotic-bike money will probably favour an exotic name brand over a Yamaha IMO.

Blaine

Most guys looking to buy a Vmax are not looking for a sportbike, generally speaking. They are older, most likely have more money to spend on a bike than a younger sportbike rider. I think that was Ducati's idea behind the Diavel, to build a Ducati that will compete with the Vmax in performance banking that people will buy the exotic bike if prices are close/ same. I wonder if the Diavel will pull it off, I thinking that the market will just expand by pulling riders in from different segments.:confused2:

Last edited:
well the big problem right now is that over the last 20 years the entire non sportbike market here has shifted 100% into "harley" clones.

chromed out v twin cruisers.

it wasnt until the last few years that we started to see the dual sports and naked/streetfighters pop up that have been popular in europe all along.

really what they need to target is the guys that want to be comfortable, but dont want a slow ass v twin bike...

but sadly, the guys that want to go fast are UNDER 30... and the people that want to be comfortable are OVER 30.. LOL.

so very very small appeal

i think if kawasaki(for example) took a cruiser bike, and dropped the zx14 engine into it, it would sell like CRAZY, but then kawasaki would be out of business from the lawsuits from people that couldnt handle that much bike.

and thats the same reason they scrapped the 300hp gen 2 vmax engine. we just cant handle it.

Back