UFO Sponsored Drag day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UFO Drag day

Tentively put me down Sean. I think it's time to smooth talk the wife. lol I know Frank is interested but we'll see with his work.

Mark

I want in Sean...I'll take the time off for this one. If you have room just get me your schedule.

Frank

Ok theres got to be a video posted for the rest of us who can't attend :)

Give em hell Sean!:punk:

First off, what a thread!! :th_favorites24::popcom00:

Second, who from Ontario wants to go? It's 400 kms from Toronto so it is about a 4 hour ride. Only 4 hours!! Sign up here, who wants to go!

Remember that you will need your passport (or something like 7 forms of ID) to ride across the border.

Attachments

• ufo race.jpg
    ufo race.jpg
    99.9 KB

As soon as Jon figures out what the date will be we can look for a hotel where we can all stay and hang out.I have never ran Thompson.Hopefully we will have more racers than spectators.Its all in fun except for the grudge match!

It will also be cool as hell for us all to meet.Put a face behind the keyboard.

Kind of like when I met Maleko at Thunder,You wouldn't guess that he's 6'6" 275 talking to him. LOL!

Damn! You made me into a Sasquatch! lol

I'm actually 6 ft/220lbs. lol

Mark

First off, what a thread!! :th_favorites24::popcom00:

Second, who from Ontario wants to go? It's 400 kms from Toronto so it is about a 4 hour ride. Only 4 hours!! Sign up here, who wants to go!

Remember that you will need your passport (or something like 7 forms of ID) to ride across the border.

I am planning on attending and have notified Ontario VMOA members of the date(s). Might look at setting up a meet at Fort Erie to cross en mass as a group. Will make for a great weekend. Might have to test out the new 1428cc engine:rocket bike: and of course I am planning to have Sean's jet kit installed:drool:

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader

I am planning on attending and have notified Ontario VMOA members of the date(s). Might look at setting up a meet at Fort Erie to cross en mass as a group. Will make for a great weekend. Might have to test out the new 1428cc engine:rocket bike: and of course I am planning to have Sean's jet kit installed:drool:

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader

Hey Jim, Nice to have ya here! :cheers:

Everyone needs to try to come to this.I think it will be better than Thunder.

Everyone needs to try to come to this.I think it will be better than Thunder.

Wouldn't take too much!:whistlin: It's a bit of a drive for me, but since ya'll are going then I may be up to it...

Last edited:

I agree with Shawn... With enough of a turn out it will be a lot of fun. I'm not sure why it's not mentioned on the "official" site though. This should be promoted. ANY event for any reason is a good thing.

Frank

I am most certainly in. Sean, I am willing to rent a spot on your trailer going up if available. If not, Mark and Frank we just need to convince Barry to give us his truck for the weekend and rent a bike trailer.

Sean, who's all going on your end so far? Kevin and Kopper for sure I'm guessing?

Mark

still don't know yet. I will be bring Bens bike unless some testing of the 05 with header and jet kit shows it to be as fast. Right now I ran 11.05 with bens bike and 11.40 with the 05. The 05 had a bald rear tire and was more or less stock. I've got my chrome bike which will probably only have a 1300 in it by that timeframe. I'm sure Kevin will be coming and maybe Chris. I know you and Frank need space so we are figuring that too. I've got another bike we are building for a friend that is stock engined for now that is considering a 1500 build. I do have another chassis and that chain drive engine that if I don't sell it I will be bringing it. Probably going to bring Ryan and his 1000cc Fazer. We are going to build him an 8" over arm and remove the wheelie bar and slick and add No2. He's going for our 9.50 street index class with it now.

I may be able to get another trailer for even more bikes so keep them coming, Need to email me directly so I can start adding names and bikes.

Sean

Sean, who's all going on your end so far? Kevin and Kopper for sure I'm guessing?

Mark

Mark,You could always fly into Cleveland and rent a harley for the week end. Rip off some 13-14 second passes!

13-14 seconds? What, do they have superchargers now? :)

Mark

Hey Sean,

You can count my bike if you want to try it on a pass or 3... You can't treat it any worse than I do.

Will have the barnett clutch plate and R-1 brake master w/ matching clutch cylinder on it by then, and who knows what else. I will be setting it back to what we ran on the dyno. It seems a tad softer with the leaner setup.

Oh and what's with Jon saying leave the dyno at home? I for one would like to see dyno runs.... If someone shows too much HP they can't lie and say it's stock. How do you know if it's stock internals? Are we just going on word here? Hmmmm I smell bullshit.

Frank

What the hell is that smell?? Oh look it's a dying thread!

Not sure why but this subject seems to throw the V-max world into an odd tilt. We can talk about oil and exhaust till the cows come home, but this subject appears to be TABOO! These threads seem to bring out the threats from a few strange birds and then NOTHING.

I'd like everyone who might be going to chime in. I want to see the grudge match but it's just as important to meet some of the maxxers I have talked to over the years. Frankly the maxxers here in NE are a little odd and I'm hoping there might be some more normal ones out and about.

LOL

(Yes Mark this means you!)

Did you con (I mean talk to :whistlin:) the wife yet?

Frank

Latest posts

Back