UFO Sponsored Drag day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UFO Drag day

I'll chime in... I'll be making the trip from SE Iowa... if anyone is near, let me know and we can meet up or ride together. I'll hopefully have my nitrous installed and have the kinks worked out (if I don't kill myself before then) I think we need to try and get a few more competitions going as well... I don't think anything will be able to top Sean and Jon's drag racing, but maybe we could have a bike show, an all out v-max drag race (anything goes), maybe the highest HP if we have a dyno there... beer chuging, quarters, any other ideas?

Jeff

I'll chime in... I'll be making the trip from SE Iowa... if anyone is near, let me know and we can meet up or ride together. I'll hopefully have my nitrous installed and have the kinks worked out (if I don't kill myself before then) I think we need to try and get a few more competitions going as well... I don't think anything will be able to top Sean and Jon's drag racing, but maybe we could have a bike show, an all out v-max drag race (anything goes), maybe the highest HP if we have a dyno there... beer chuging, quarters, any other ideas?

Jeff

I'm not going to put my Max or myself on the track but I may be up for it Jeff...:thumbs up:

What the hell is that smell?? Oh look it's a dying thread!

Not sure why but this subject seems to throw the V-max world into an odd tilt. We can talk about oil and exhaust till the cows come home, but this subject appears to be TABOO! These threads seem to bring out the threats from a few strange birds and then NOTHING.

I'd like everyone who might be going to chime in. I want to see the grudge match but it's just as important to meet some of the maxxers I have talked to over the years. Frankly the maxxers here in NE are a little odd and I'm hoping there might be some more normal ones out and about.

LOL

(Yes Mark this means you!)

Did you con (I mean talk to :whistlin:) the wife yet?

Frank

Ahh... It's not dead, it's just so far out that it slowed a bit... Have you read the garbage on the VMOA threads? All 4 of them that were started? :bang head:

I know Jeff and Shawn are normal people... Can't really vouch for the rest as I haven't met them but I have met a lot of other maxers and there seems to be an odd following with the Max...:whistlin:

Not dead yet, I've been looking at going too, just have not posted yet. I should have most of my mods for the year done by then.....
I'm going see if my brother would want to go (fz-1). I also met a fellow vmaxer from our area and he is a forum subscriber too. Almty, if you read this let me know if you would like to join us. I will shoot you a email in april or may to see what your status is.

Frankly the maxxers here in NE are a little odd and I'm hoping there might be some more normal ones out and about.

LOL

(Yes Mark this means you!)

Did you con (I mean talk to :whistlin:) the wife yet?Frank

Normal is boring. I haven't talked to the wife yet...I'm working up the courage. :)

Mark

Just so we are clear...I am not calling myself normal. My straight jacket just isn't as tight as some I have seen posting. I bumped heads once or twice with Old Man and I also got my ass chewed from another sub #1000 member for trying to deal on some exhaust. I got told I was a noob punk and that I didn't know what I was talking about. Good news is the "special" ones among us don't scare us all off. It's a shame that people can't voice an opinion without it turning ugly.

So much for free speech.

All I know is I read and post on the other board less and less.

So thanks for the ALTERNATIVE forum...Even if Mark Milne is a MOD here...lol

Frank

Oh and Mark,Howard and anyone else from our area (you know who you are ya bums). If Morley (AKA TOTO) runs out of room I'm still going. Will be buying a truck hopefully in the next couple weeks and might borrow or try to buy a trailer by the date. If all that falls thru I'll take the cadi or say screw it and ride the max. Just have to figure out how to pay for the surgery to remove the Morley seat from what little ass I have.

:surprise:

Frank

Just so we are clear...I am not calling myself normal. My straight jacket just isn't as tight as some I have seen posting. I bumped heads once or twice with Old Man and I also got my ass chewed from another sub #1000 member for trying to deal on some exhaust. I got told I was a noob punk and that I didn't know what I was talking about. Good news is the "special" ones among us don't scare us all off. It's a shame that people can't voice an opinion without it turning ugly.

So much for free speech.

All I know is I read and post on the other board less and less.

So thanks for the ALTERNATIVE forum...Even if Mark Milne is a MOD here...lol

Frank

My first encounter with old man on the HoustonVmax yahoo board I ended up having to tell him that the #2 by his name didn't mean shit to me and to lay off with the condescending attitude. That was about 3 posts in on my thread which tells how quickly it started getting stupid.

Rusty

The differing personalities are the reason I am a member of about 6 different Vmax message boards.

Back to the topic here, I am planning on attending as I stated in an earlier post, and I am bringing a group, both Vmax owners and others who are registering, down for the day. Can't wait to meet up with folks at both Thunder and this event.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader

The differing personalities are the reason I am a member of about 6 different Vmax message boards.

Back to the topic here, I am planning on attending as I stated in an earlier post, and I am bringing a group, both Vmax owners and others who are registering, down for the day. Can't wait to meet up with folks at both Thunder and this event.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader

When it gets closer we need to setup a place to all meet... I've been talking to a maxer that is very interested in "talking" with Jon and let me just say that this maxer is HUGE! :surprise: He could fold any number of us in half...:stickyman:

First of all this "Drag Day" is never going to happen, Cornell is going to punk out at the last minute. Second IF it does go down I suggest everyone should arm themselves. Their have been so many threats of violence that it has gotten completely out of hand.

This is not about Drag Racing any more its about who is going to get their a** kicked or shot!

Count me OUT !!
:boxing00::boxing00::gun shoot::nyah nyah:

Maybe we need to make sure the local constable is there to keep an eye on everything...

I will hang with the people I consider friends and I believe we'll all be OK...

First of all this "Drag Day" is never going to happen, Cornell is going to punk out at the last minute. Second IF it does go down I suggest everyone should arm themselves. Their have been so many threats of violence that it has gotten completely out of hand.

This is not about Drag Racing any more its about who is going to get their a** kicked or shot!

Count me OUT !!
:boxing00::boxing00::gun shoot::nyah nyah:

Come on down! You don't have to hang out in the "war zone", I know I won't be.

I say bring it.... I've been working out!

Attachments

• skinny_kid.gif
    skinny_kid.gif
    10.5 KB

Copy and Paste from the VMOA thread...

Jon Cornell
UFO PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS
12650 Prospect Rd.
Strongsville, Ohio 44149
(440)582-2525
www.ufocycles. com
ufo_performance@ msn.com
----- Original Message -----
To: Kloker :ummm::confused2:
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 9:06 AM
Subject: Re: drags

I told you I would make it happen , just laying track (pun intended).
I am going to hand Toto his ass, one piece at a time. Norwalk got
back to me , they are not doing any track rental on weekends at all.
They are running their series and special events on those days. I
knew if I booked it for a weekday Toto would cry that it was during
the work week and in all fairness to everyone, during the week is
indeed no good , we would be losing alot of good people who can't get
out of work. Thompson was very accomodating , excellant people to
work with , and excellant track conditions. Get your forums revved
up ! Let people know the Vmax community is going to have an honest to
God fun event , doing what the Vmax was intended for. I am going to
feed everyone as well. Hamburgers, hotdogs, soft drinks all day.
There will be trophys and plaques for class winners provided by UFO
as well. This will be an annual event. Depending on the attendance, I
would entertain doing another event in the fall as well. This is
not a product evaluation day , or a dyno day. Toto can have one of
those at his "shop" or Daddy's house, whichever you choose to call
it , on his own time. If he does , I hope he has better luck running
his dyno accurately , than he does making his website
navigate.... ....nice work. This is a day at the drags ! Put your
money where your muscle mouth is ! There will also be a 1 hr drag
race seminar for both the guy who has never been down to track to the
experienced racer looking for an edge. If you like, you can be a part
of that as well giving your riding and set up tips. I want our
entries to no longer be intimidated by their bikes. I will make them
comfortable to take their bike out on the track , especially the
first timer. I KNOW there are alot of Maxers that would love to go
down the track, they dream of it , but are afraid of making a
spectacle. We can help them out. I know NOTHING puts more of a smile
on my face than a good , clean pass down the track (don't tell my
wife). Please post this to the tech list. Thanks much, see you at
the track ! Jon.

Jon Cornell
UFO PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS
12650 Prospect Rd.
Strongsville, Ohio 44149
(440)582-2525
www.ufocycles. com
ufo_performance@ msn.com
----- Original Message -----
To: ufo_performance
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 7:06 AM
Subject: drags

Jon,That's cool! I voted,I think the 6th is too close to the 4th for
most people to come.The vote will show which is best.Morley will also
whine that he wanted to do a bunch of wrenching and dynoing in the
pits.I want to run not wrench.Not take one bike and switch shit back
and forth on it.

He continues to show his lack of couth... :bang head: Even if he does beat Sean, you can tell Sean is a better person as he doesn't bring himself down to Buckeye's level...:damn angry::stickyman:

What started all of this? :confused2:

Last edited:

Trust me if I am dragging my ass and my Max 1000 miles it is going to be about drag racing.Either on the track or a abandoned road.

People are too easy to rile up. (I have even bit my tongue a couple times) I just wish we could get our info from the guys instead of thru (Hmmmm how to be P.C. here?) Their apparently hired spokespeople? I know Mr. Morley is around. I also think he's done a good job of letting it roll off his back. Is Jon a posting member anywhere? I've never seen any posts from him. Maybe he got out before I got in? I know a comment was made how he wasn't allowed on the VMOA site but I gather that wasn't true. I would just like to hear both sides of the deal. I do honestly try to be unbiased but it's hard when I have dealt with Morley and know for fact that he deals fairly. I have not heard anyone complain about a deal with him.

I doubt there with be violence and posting crap like that just scares people off. It is going to be a good time. There just might be a couple different groups. Like Democrats and Republicans... Can't we all just get along??

LOL

Frank

....I do honestly try to be unbiased......
Frank
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Yeah there wouldn't be any violence, everyone acts tough behind their computer. I really think that Jon will cancel it though. No specific reason, just a hunch.

If on off the chance it does get canceled, I say we plan something anyway... especially if everyone has that weekend still open.... I'd be willing to take on that responsibility if it comes down to it, but hopefully it won't. I think this is one of the more exciting threads we have going right now... I agree that we need to get as many people involved, and make this an event worth traveling too. I don't see a problem with having a Dyno there.... I'm sure there would be some people interested in having their bikes dynoed. I also feel that it doen't matter how much horse power you have if you don't know how to use it. It would also be pretty cool if there was a little skin in the game to make sure people didn't back out.... just my 2 cents.

Jeff

If on off the chance it does get canceled, I say we plan something anyway... especially if everyone has that weekend still open.... I'd be willing to take on that responsibility if it comes down to it, but hopefully it won't. I think this is one of the more exciting threads we have going right now... I agree that we need to get as many people involved, and make this an event worth traveling too. I don't see a problem with having a Dyno there.... I'm sure there would be some people interested in having their bikes dynoed. I also feel that it doen't matter how much horse power you have if you don't know how to use it. It would also be pretty cool if there was a little skin in the game to make sure people didn't back out.... just my 2 cents.

Jeff

That's a good idea, there probably should be a Plan B.

Jeff

That's a good idea, there probably should be a Plan B.

Yeah but where to have it? We wouldn't need to rent it though... Just need to all be there and use a track with the other racers right? :ummm:

Latest posts

Back