hydro graphics

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The process comprises of a base colour binge applied to the compnent.
A solvent is then used to remove the carrier film from the film to be applied which floats and the part to be covered is the dipped though it. The pattern sticks' to the part.
It is then protected by a cljear coat
It is no different to painting - any defects will show through and it won't hide welds, dents etc.

Cool but if its no different than paint is there a cost savings? Durability? Also can anyone just show a part without putting a song to everything?

Uhmmm. Similar to a vehicle wrap. I guess all kinds of grapkics could be floated, paisleys, unicorns, butterflies etc.

Yep, checked this out and considered doing it last yr. too. I thought the parts had to be clear coated after? Looks way cool though. I wonder how a swingarm will hold up?
Steve-o

The paint you use will be the determining factor of durability. A good hard paint will hold up well. It will not cover defects as was noted. Also, it is far cheaper for the effects that are available (imagine the cost of a real carbon swingarm).

We charged gannon $200 for the dip work on that arm. This did include some "body work" to smooth and blend some welds by covering over them with filler and smoothing it out.

Sean

Back