09 Dyno

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer

Reaction score
This is a stock 09 with the exception of a K&N air filter. Due to the speed limitation (135 mph) from the stock ECU, we couldn't proceed in 5th gear.

Attachments

• vmax_dyno.jpg
    vmax_dyno.jpg
    44 KB
Damn! That's impressive.

Correct me here because I'm obviously wrong. I thought that if you were on it hard, the computer would decide that you were at the drag strip and allow for a full run with no limitations.
The limiter still applies?

I wish that were the case. Ridiculous. Isn't it? The speed limitation is the major bitch amongst us 09 owners. I can't take it to the drag strip until I upgrade to the racing ECU.

when i've done dyno runs with the shop here, he doesn't GUN it in 1-4th gear. just accelerates smoothly. might not be fast enough to be 'drag racing'

Doesn't matter. 4th gear will dyno just fine and give you the numbers you are looking for. In fact they will be slightly inflated if it's not a 1:1 ratio but it's the best you can get. MPH doesn't mean much to me when looking at one. I want to see the power/torque curve along with RPM's so i know where to correct the jetting if at all.

Your numbers are far higher then average for a stock engine and stock exhaust with no work at all. All across the country the average is high 160's to low 170's so your's being as high as it is makes me wonder if the machine is accurate. I don't see any of the correction factors that normally print on the sheet when you get a dynojet printout. Most other machines (Factory Pro and others) usually give an even LOWER number.

So, before I cut you down too much I should say that provided everything is set correctly congratulations for having one of the strongest gen 2's in the country.

Sean

I thought the numbers were high. That's why I posted them. I have no control over the Dyno. I cannot verify the accuracy or lack thereof.

Understood. If you can get it, the best thing would be to get the A/F curve to see if there are any adjustments needed for best power. Keep in mind that the injection requires much different tuning then a carb'd bike would. Many different loads and throttle points to set. Not difficult with the right tuner but it can take some time.

Sean

I think that it warrants another dyno. Thanks all for the gut check.

Mine was close to that with airbox mod, Top Speed governor fix, Xpipe exhaust & Fuel tuner installed. Dyno'd by Tim (vmaxguru) a hair under 190hp and ran a best 1/4 mile time of 9.74@140mph so That's definitely high.. My baseline was 171hp stock.

Thanks Bad Max. Mike Velasco Dyno'd it. Mike is an old school racer. He knows Pee Wee. He’s very reputable and knowledgeable. His Dyno must be out of whack.

Back