LED conversion 1992 model

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnoud

Reaction score
HI All,

I am looking into converting everything to LED.
On my 1992 Max 1200 model I have no hazards lights which I think could be handy.
Has anybody of you made this conversion and how?
Also if it is not to much to ask, could I get part numbers and a schematic.
Much appreciated thanks.

Two areas you need to consider:
  1. Indicators. If you want to retain the auto cancel function and OE indicator relay you will need to add ballast resistors to the indicators. Alternatively you can fit a solid state indicator relay but will loose the self cancelling function. You will also need to add diodes and a ballast resistor to the indicator warning light.
  2. You will also need to add a resistor the the low fuel level indicator lamp.
The resistors for the indicator and low fuel warning lights are required so the relevant circuits see the same load as if a bulb was still there.
I can't recall the exact value but suggest a 4.7 ohm 7w as a starting place.

Attachments

• Getting LED indicators to work.pdf
    473 KB
  • Load resistors for LED's.pdf
    13.8 KB
Two areas you need to consider:
  1. Indicators. If you want to retain the auto cancel function and OE indicator relay you will need to add ballast resistors to the indicators. Alternatively you can fit a solid state indicator relay but will loose the self cancelling function. You will also need to add diodes and a ballast resistor to the indicator warning light.
  2. You will also need to add a resistor the the low fuel level indicator lamp.
The resistors for the indicator and low fuel warning lights are required so the relevant circuits see the same load as if a bulb was still there.
I can't recall the exact value but suggest a 4.7 ohm 7w as a starting place.
Thanks, this is helpfull.

Back