100kmph (60mph) Windy!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cheated,when I bought my "street fighter" front fairing it had this small "wind screen" on it.It made a small difference but thats the biggest thing Im willing to put on my bike. Sure does feel more stable around 100+ mph though when the wind is not on your chest so much.

Attachments

• IMGA0326.JPG
    IMGA0326.JPG
    119.4 KB
  • IMGA0324.JPG
    IMGA0324.JPG
    125.4 KB
Ghost, IMO, I'd invest in great gear before adding any comfort items to fit on the bike. Minimum gear should be quality FF helmet(for max protection) armored jacket(leather or ballistic), armored gloves, boots that will protect your feet/ ankles. Riding pants should be included too b/c jeans will protect you for about 12" when sliding across asphalt at 50 mph. This is a good time of year to look for sales/ closeouts.
Once you have all your riding gear then look for a quality windshield.
Where do I find riding pants in size 'FAT'?

Found out today that riding over 100kmph with no windshield is a pummeling!
Thinking about maybe picking up the smallest wind deflector I can find. I have *never* been a fan of the full windshield - and to be honest, I am not very excited to put ANY windshield on her.

So glad to see I'm not the only one with this feeling! As long as you're making curves, accelerating, decelerating (well, sometimes...) everything is fine, but 'cruising' at high(er) speed ? Terrible. So, however much I dislike it, I'll put a screen on it....

Putting drag bars on helps quite a bit, you don't feel so pushed around when
leaning into the wind.

Ha ha - are you the salesman I bought mine from?
I had to return 2xl for a 3xl ;)

I'm 6 feet and hit the clock at 260lbs. People usually guess I weigh around 200 pounds though.

Where do I find riding pants in size 'FAT'?

So glad to see I'm not the only one with this feeling! As long as you're making curves, accelerating, decelerating (well, sometimes...) everything is fine, but 'cruising' at high(er) speed ? Terrible. So, however much I dislike it, I'll put a screen on it....

I'm not a huge shield fan for the looks either, but when I started doing a lot of highway miles, I did get a big windshield (Hellfire).

When I took it off in the summer heat and riding less highway, I hated it, and put it straight back on. Maybe I'm getting old? It's just so much nicer riding with it on..

I only have the OEM windscreen but usually cruise @ 140kmh with spurts up to 200. Top speed depends on road, traffic and wind conditions. That said, my size keeps me pretty well anchored on the seat :D

That's awesome!
I'll be sure to pick up a magazine!
I'd love to see an updated Gen I for a lot less than the new Vmax w/ radials / brakes / and the chassis upgraded. A man can dream no?

Latest posts

Back