2 up riding....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Considering replacing my Gen 1 with a Gen 2 and wondered how the wife might react to the pillion on that.

She will go mileage good ( 300-400 miles without a squeak out of her ) on the Gen 1. We haven't gone longer then that yet. But I am sure she would make 600 miles a day no problem. This is on a stock seat also.

So is the Gen 2 better 2 up then a Gen 1 ?

Trying to decide for next year, if I keep the Gen 1 for street riding with her and pick up a Busa for me to race and ride, or if I sell the Gen 1 and buy a Gen 2 and use it as a dual purpose bike for street and some racing.

Thanks
Todd

c6e4d998-16e7-1565.jpg
A friend of mine has an 09 and he ALWAYS rides 2 up with his wife. I think she likes riding more than him and have never heard her complain about the seating. But thts the extent of my experience with it. I've never driven one with a passenger and have never been a passenger.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Not great 2 up stock IMO. You'll need at a minimum a passenger backrest (several available) and you'd also want to consider a passenger peg re-locate kit from Corbin. The stock location is very sport-bike like.

-Mark-

My wife, rides and loves it.
I have a larger rear backrest I put on only when she rides.

My wife is five five,125 lbs and hates the stock seat. I made A pad 1 1/2 inches thick and it helps but rear pegs are to high. When I do the new seat it will be very passenger friendly.

Don't be so stingy. Buy your wife her own Vmax. Keep the gen 1, AND buy a gen II. Then see if you can keep up with her. :biglaugh:

2012 Bandera vmoa,Eureka Springs VRCC rides 109.jpg
Picture was taken along hwy 23 Arkansas near Oark, AR. (that's my Honda next to her on HER Vmax.)

Don't be so stingy. Buy your wife her own Vmax. Keep the gen 1, AND buy a gen II. Then see if you can keep up with her. :biglaugh:

View attachment 30890
Picture was taken along hwy 23 Arkansas near Oark, AR. (that's my Honda next to her on HER Vmax.)

I tried that and she wont get on my CB450 and ride it herself LOL. Or else it might be an easy sale to her haha.

Todd

I wouldn't ride a CB450 and try to keep up with you on your Vmax either. Where's the fun in that? Now, if you get her a Vmax of her own............ whole different ball game.

Back