2004 CDI to 1995 CDI diagram

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskey29

Reaction score
I helped a friend to purchase vmax CDI, the seller sent 2004 after market model and my friend has 1995 model. The plug is different, return window has passed too.
If anyone has wiring diagram for the 2004 vmx it would be a great help, I found the older diagram for older model. Thanks in advance

As far as I'm aware there wasn't a change once the later ignition unit was introduced.

A photo of what you were sent and it identification label would be helpful.

"the seller sent 2004 after market model..."

Probably the issue right-there.

Going to an Indonesia Yamaha dealer and asking for a print-out of the pin-out diagram for the bike you have should be a good start. Take a look at the steering head VIN decal and see for what market the bike was manufactured.

Hi , thank you for the responses, my appologies for late reply since I am out of town.
Going to Yamaha dealer would not help at all here, as they don't sell the model locally, the unit was imported.
I attached an image of the connector. The old ones has less than new ones.
I looked at the service manual as well, similar to the ones I got from the net, the problem is, the newer CDi has different color code, and we dont have newer bike to compare it too

Attachments

• CDI mismatch.jpg
    CDI mismatch.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 0
85-89 is Yellow Label in the US
90-07 is Silver Label in the US

Latest posts

Back