2007 colors ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, i looked at this bike last sat and the sat befor that. i called the guy tues and told him id be in wen afternoon to work out a deal. we were bsing about the bike so i asked him " btw why is the bike red " he sed " i dont know thats how it came " then started talking about how fast it was agin . so i go thare today to buy it, asked some guy to tell my salesmen that i was thare. he goes in back and comes out to tell me the guy i was talking to had the day off. whatever his loss. i tell this guy im here for the max, he sed cool its ben here for a long time so he will help me get a good deal. grate !!! so we walk around the corner and :surprise:its f---ing blake with red flames !!! i asked him and every other sales punk in the place wtf ? thay looked me dead in the eye and sed thay never had a red one. i fought with him about it for 15 min and left. i wont ever buy anything from them and that sucks because thare like 5 min from whare i work and live. i found a killer deal on a 02 and picking it up sat .

Sorry That Did'nt Work Out ! We All Thought Something Was Not Right !! Thats Alright. That 2002 Needs A Good Home Also

the 02 is well worn. you can tell the guy really loved this bike and rode the hell out of it . skins and every thing look good no dents or scraches. i dont know how to discribe it the hole bike just looks dull and old. nothing a little wax and tlc cant fix. the little middle pice of the seat needs to be replaced 120 bucks and no won will ever know. it runs and rides grate, no funny noises comming from any thing. because most buyers only care about how somthing looks and this one looks rugh . the dealer only wants 4000 for it wich is nicly below blue book. im very happy i found it. i can see the bad ass bike thats hidding under the sun dulled paint. :drool: i cant wait to let it out :clapping:

the 02 is well worn. you can tell the guy really loved this bike and rode the hell out of it . skins and every thing look good no dents or scraches. i dont know how to discribe it the hole bike just looks dull and old. nothing a little wax and tlc cant fix. the little middle pice of the seat needs to be replaced 120 bucks and no won will ever know. it runs and rides grate, no funny noises comming from any thing. because most buyers only care about how somthing looks and this one looks rugh . the dealer only wants 4000 for it wich is nicly below blue book. im very happy i found it. i can see the bad ass bike thats hidding under the sun dulled paint. :drool: i cant wait to let it out :clapping:

Glad you found one, your gonna have to post some pics. :punk:

I got my 02 for $4250 off eBay (through a dealorship) w/ 10500 miles and it was pretty clean other than some dull spots in the fenders and tank. If you have the gray carbon fiber paint/stickers, I think you are going to have a hard time getting them to shine. I have tried a few things and 4Gasm tried a few things as well. If you wet it and has some fresh polish on it, it helps, but when it dries... hazy.
If anyone has any tips on how to restore these "sun spots" please let me know.
Congrats on the 02!

Jeff

I Have A Complete After Market Seat From Ufo Performance Cycles , $260.00, Worth Every Penny !!! What A Differance !!!! Also Morey's Muscle .com Makes Them, !!! They Are Both Nice Guy's To Deal With !!!!! And Both Have A Lot Technical Knowledge On The V-max ! Endless Info & Are More Then Willing To Help !!!!

the problem with the 99-02 carbon look is that it is a decal that has been applied over the base part. It can be scuffed and it will hold paint well. I think i have a pretty nice tank lid from one of those years but can't recall exactly what shape it is in.

Jeff, if you want to bring yours with you and trade it if mine is better that will be OK with me.

Sean

Thanks, but paint doesn't make me go any faster! I'm probably going to be painting mine at some point anyway.

Boy, there sure has been a lot of generosity going on here the last few weeks.... T-boosts being given away, starters being sent overseas, covers being swapped, this truly is a great forum!

I got my 02 for $4250 off eBay (through a dealorship) w/ 10500 miles and it was pretty clean other than some dull spots in the fenders and tank. If you have the gray carbon fiber paint/stickers, I think you are going to have a hard time getting them to shine. I have tried a few things and 4Gasm tried a few things as well. If you wet it and has some fresh polish on it, it helps, but when it dries... hazy.
If anyone has any tips on how to restore these "sun spots" please let me know.
Congrats on the 02!

Jeff

My 99 has the same issue but it was barely noticeable until I removed the warning label on the tank cover. i think it's UV damage more than anything else.

i waxed it, you can still see some of the sun fade but it looks a lot better now. az sun sucks :bang head:

i waxed it, you can still see some of the sun fade but it looks a lot better now. az sun sucks :bang head:

My thunderbird had faded paint, I hit it with a mild rubbing compound, then followed with turtle wax's platinum ultra gloss. you could read a yardstick in the paint. I again used the wax on my chopper, it brought out the depth. I used to use solely mother's polish before I tried the platinum series. now I'm a turtle wax platinum fan.

Attachments

• Tbird1.jpg
    Tbird1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 14
  • tbird2.jpg
    tbird2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 10
  • kjschop.jpg
    kjschop.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 11
Yea, Kj Is Right, The Guy At The Local Parts Store I Deal With Told Me About Platinum Turtle Wax, It Works Great & Is Easy To Use !!!!

My thunderbird had faded paint, I hit it with a mild rubbing compound, then followed with turtle wax's platinum ultra gloss. you could read a yardstick in the paint. I again used the wax on my chopper, it brought out the depth. I used to use solely mother's polish before I tried the platinum series. now I'm a turtle wax platinum fan.

KJSHOVER, there is something definitely wrong with your Thunderbird, HMMM,,,, can't quite put my finger on it..... HMMMM,,,,,, WAIT A MINUTE - I know what it is !!!!!!! IT"S NOT MINE!

Very nice car!!!!

:cheers: Mike

KJSHOVER, there is something definitely wrong with your Thunderbird, HMMM,,,, can't quite put my finger on it..... HMMMM,,,,,, WAIT A MINUTE - I know what it is !!!!!!! IT"S NOT MINE!

Very nice car!!!!

:cheers: Mike

Thanks it was a pampered toy. ppl used to get a kick out me driving it, it didn't quite fit. I'm 6'4" 285lbs, my dad used to describe it as "you look like a monkey humping a football driving that thing", if I sat up straight in the car the windshield ended at my nose.

My mom lost her battle with cancer and during the ordeal my father had a heart attack, so to help with the medical bills, The Tbird was sold along with my goldwing. Havent seen the goldwing around but a car collector got the Tbird and has been taking it to cruise nights.

Back