2nd gear issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is involved and the cost for that ?:ummm:

Pull the engine out ,split it (cases)and either fix the existing gear or buy a new one.
Whilst "in there" it pays to undercut the gears so they won't jump out. Mod 5th gear to be taller which means replacing them with a different ratio.
If it were me I'd make them all myself as that's what I do for a living.
If a guy is capable of doing himself it would save some $ $. There is a bit of work involved and gaskets etc will add to the bill .

Get a workshop to do it and it will only cost 1 x arm and 1 x leg

I charge $500 for the trans undercut service which will fix the 2nd gear issue. It's $300 more for the overdrive option which is 2 new gears and the additional undercutting to make it all work smoothly together.

Sean

Thort i would let you guys know , the owner pulled the bike out of the sale .
No takers , it was gonna be a bargin .

A 97 with 2nd gear issue sorted was gonna be under $5000NZD

I've read this thread, and it's interesting, but I just can't get past the fact that someone put a frikin' side car on a V-Max?

Does this not sound like about one of the most idiotic things ever? Does it have a trailer hitch too? lol

They're out there. some of them don't look too bad with a sidecar on them.

Attachments

• studiomaxbrochure_sm_2.jpg
    studiomaxbrochure_sm_2.jpg
    18 KB
  • yamaha_v-max_4.jpg
    yamaha_v-max_4.jpg
    72.3 KB
  • yamaha_v-max_5.jpg
    yamaha_v-max_5.jpg
    61.5 KB
  • yamaha_v-max_1.jpg
    yamaha_v-max_1.jpg
    71.5 KB
  • Yamaha_V-Max-Sidecar_Bobby-LE_3.jpg
    Yamaha_V-Max-Sidecar_Bobby-LE_3.jpg
    27.9 KB
  • Yamaha_V-Max-Sidecar_Bobby-LE_4.jpg
    Yamaha_V-Max-Sidecar_Bobby-LE_4.jpg
    22.8 KB
  • ZX14-big.jpg
    ZX14-big.jpg
    73.6 KB
I've read this thread, and it's interesting, but I just can't get past the fact that someone put a frikin' side car on a V-Max?

Does this not sound like about one of the most idiotic things ever? Does it have a trailer hitch too? lol

I agree with ya there , its like a drag car towing a trailer :rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back