A confession must be made here....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
I've spent the past year bragging that my '85 Max has 120,000 miles on it.
I have to confess, that's not true. I "rounded the mileage up" a bit.

It ACTUALLY changed 119,000 miles today. Wait a month or so, I'll get it up to 120,000 and the lies will become true. Actually, with all the stuff I just did to it recently, I'm back to honeymooning with it again! Don't be surprised if I finish this season with 125,000 miles.

It ACTUALLY changed 119,000 miles today. Wait a month or so, I'll get it up to 120,000 and the lies will become true. Actually, with all the stuff I just did to it recently, I'm back to honeymooning with it again! Don't be surprised if I finish this season with 125,000 miles.

Bill, Nobody's going to hold it against ya!! :worthy:

Bill that has to be some sort of record for a VMAX. Shit well done. I can only hope to be that lucky

Are they all your miles , did you get it new ?

if that is with no major engine work....then thats VERY impressive:worthy:

Bought it new 4/18/85.
Put in a clutch, stator coil, camchains, starter motor and lots of tires and brakes.
Cases never split.

Come to think about it, I remember the speedo cable broke when the bike had about 1500 miles on it - I had to wait a couple weeks to get a new one. I'd be willing to bet the bike really has 120K on it, some just don't show on the odo.

Attachments

• _1806.jpg
    _1806.jpg
    39.3 KB
  • _1810.jpg
    _1810.jpg
    27.5 KB
Bought it new 4/18/85.
Put in a clutch, stator coil, camchains, starter motor and lots of tires and brakes.
Cases never split.

Come to think about it, I remember the speedo cable broke when the bike had about 1500 miles on it - I had to wait a couple weeks to get a new one. I'd be willing to bet the bike really has 120K on it, some just don't show on the odo.

Thats a shitload of hours in the saddle , ive just clicked over 10000kms in just over 10 months on my 92 i have along way to go . :punk:

Latest posts

Back