A little help.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i need to get a look at my rear left cylinder. I pulled the plug and noticed that the gap had been pushed closed. So I need to look and see if I dropped something down intake while I had the carbs off. I had just put stage seven kit on my bike. I was doing synchronization and the carb for that had been spitting and sputtering gas up instead of in. Not sucking as it should. So I thought the valve might be stuck or bent. It was not firing, so I pulled the plug and seen the gap had been closed up. So I don't want to do anything until I open it up. My question is the easiest way to get the timing chain loose to lift the head up. So I can take a look at the cylinder. I'd like to not take the cams out. Just pull it all up. If you could help, or point me to a thread. I've been searching but no luck.
It's a 97 , with UFO 4 into 2. I just painted motor and fork ends, triple tree, highlighted scoops and motor handle bars. Put new LED headlight and clear coated all polished aluminum and motor. So she is all ready to go and now this. ..

Attachments

• 20240428_081516.jpg
    20240428_081516.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240428_081438.jpg
    20240428_081438.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240428_081222.jpg
    20240428_081222.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
No easy way I can think of. If you suspect foreign matter then an endoscope for your mobile would be the easiest way to check and avoid the need for any dismantling.
To answer you question I'm not sure if you can access the head bolts with the cams in situ - other will know the answer.

No easy way I can think of. If you suspect foreign matter then an endoscope for your mobile would be the easiest way to check and avoid the need for any dismantling.
To answer you question I'm not sure if you can access the head bolts with the cams in situ - other will know the answer.
I have a scope but it can't maneuver enough to see to walls, just the top of the piston that is completely black from the rich state it was in. I see holes in the cams that look like they lead to head bolts. I figure they are there to take head off with cams still on. Otherwise why have them there?

Do you have a probe which has a camera on the side of the probe as well as in the end? It should have a side light too.

Back