A Vmax with a Venture motor !?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sketchy at best.

i bet someone who needs a parts bike would like this, but then again if its a venture engine who knows...

I hope the trapps on that bike were used. They seem awfully discolored for just being put on then sitting . +1 on the 1300 venture motor.

Something aint right here.

I hope the trapps on that bike were used. They seem awfully discolored for just being put on then sitting . +1 on the 1300 venture motor.

Something aint right here.

Just what I was thinking KJ.........lot of blueing there. Prolly BEFORE the jet kit huh! :biglaugh:

I think I'd like to see a mechanics lein or some other form of title besides a bill of sale also.

Load of crap...
The DMV can run the temp tag and see who it's registered to.
And the State police can run the Vin to see who the title holder is.
Then they could contact the owner, or most likely, the next of kin!

That isnt no damn Venture engine I think its a harley engine:ummm:,, Look at all the oil leaks under the bike:confused2:

One word of advice, dont park a bike on the sidewalk that leaks even more so if your trying to sell it

I must say I'm interested in it as a parts bike - depending on how low the reserve is I think there could be $$ to be made here.. It's just up the road from me.

Load of crap...
The DMV can run the temp tag and see who it's registered to.
And the State police can run the Vin to see who the title holder is.
Then they could contact the owner, or most likely, the next of kin!

+1 to Cowboy, it's sounds like a load of crap to me too - he obviously trying to screw somebody over and it won't be me.

Mike

It is a venture engine for sure. In it's current configuration it is actually going to be slower then the stock engine would have been. It still has the venture top end which will hurt it greatly. Still be a good start for someone if they had a blown engine.

Sean

It is a venture engine for sure. In it's current configuration it is actually going to be slower then the stock engine would have been. It still has the venture top end which will hurt it greatly. Still be a good start for someone if they had a blown engine.

Sean

Well it apears to have Vmax carbs with a stage 7 jet kit. So maybe the heads were changed also. No telling.

Yes, there is telling if you know what to look for. It for sure has venture heads. It could have the larger cams but I would bet not since they didn't bother to change the heads. Of course since I can't see through the valve covers I have no way of knowing that for sure.

Sean

I must say I'm interested in it as a parts bike - depending on how low the reserve is I think there could be $$ to be made here.. It's just up the road from me.

agreeed.

IF its legal

Well, since I am not going to be buying it. It is worth the $1200 just in parts.

You have a backrest which is currently discontinued and selling very well on ebay. Scoops, sidecovers, radiator, rear diff and swingarm, plus an engine. If you can get it to fire up and verify the carbs are good they alone will bring a third of your money back if you can sell them off a running bike (install them on your bike and make sure they run correctly). Plus they are stage seven so you should be able to get a bit more for that.

Then, if you can verify the engine does run it will bring another third of your money or send it to me as your 1300 core and I can build it up for you. I sell them anywhere from $600 for a high mileage core to $1000 for a low mileage core.

Who knows what rear diff he used. Might get lucky and have a venture diff on it.

It does have the new rear tire and the list goes on.

If it has a good title you can get a body set and put it together and sell it as complete and running bike. Should still bring around $2000 even with it a bit rough looking. You may have to wait on some of the parts for a buyer but in the long run there is some money to be made.

Sean

Well I got it! And for only just over half the Buy it now price, so Bargain of the year so far! :biglaugh::eusa_dance:

Picking it up on Thursday, I'll get some better pix of it then for all to see. Gonna use a few parts for Maxine, and flog the rest to make my $$ back. :clapping:

So if anyone's interested in anything in particular, just lemme know! :punk:

Way to go! It looks like you have progressive shocks in the rear.... maybe a stage 7 carb kit, supertrapp slip-ons, maybe a partial or full sissy bar... you could sell that and have your $$ back. I may be interested in the coils and plug wires if they are any good. Since I am running a DYNA3000 on my drag bike, I'm not sure if I should use the COPs and may need to find a set of coils to put on it. I'll send you a PM tomorrow.

Congrats!

Jeff

good purchase man! u could also take a look @ ur shifter pedal eh?

Latest posts

Back