ABS light/will not start.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honor

Reaction score
I have 2009 V-Max. I had a front shock leak some fluid. A short time later, my bike wouldn't start and a ABS light flashes when I press the start button and the bike will not start. I saw a youtube.com video recommending spraying above the rear break pedal with electrical fluid cleaner. I cleaned off the mechanism and the front brake caliper and a short time later, I was able to start the cycle. It keeps doing it and I keep cleaning it. It seems to take longer and longer to start. Anyone else have this issue? I can't carry around a couple cans of cleaner fluid everywhere I go.

Hi Honor, the best thing to do is check the that the ABS test coupler's (under the LHS side cover) Green/Yellow wire is not shorting to ground (use a multi meter, measure resistance/continuity between the Grn/Yel wire & ground), then check for ABS fault codes, see what the fault code is & take it from there, see below how to check the Grn/Yel wire from the manual:
[C-4] THE ABS WARNING LIGHT FLASHES
1. Check whether the T/C terminal(under the LHS side cover) (green/yellow) of the ABS test coupler is short-circuited to the
ground when the test coupler adapter is removed.
• If the T/C terminal is short-circuited to the ground, the wire harness is defective. Properly repair or
replace the wire harness.
• If the T/C terminal is not short-circuited to the ground, the internal circuit of the meter assembly 1 is
defective. Replace the meter assembly 1.
[C-5] DIAGNOSIS USING THE FAULT CODES
Connect the test coupler adapter to the ABS test coupler (if you don't have the coupler, bridge out the Grn/Yel wire with the Black wire with the ignition off), and then turn the main switch to “ON”. The display will show the fault codes & then use the manual to interpret the fault codes & repair.
Information for the fault codes from the ABS ECU is contained in the following table. Refer to this table
for troubleshooting.
1728716209983.png
1. ABS test coupler.
2. Test Coupler Adapter (you don't need this, just bridge out the Grn/Yel wire with the black one on the ABS test coupler)

Hi Honor, the best thing to do is check the that the ABS test coupler's (under the LHS side cover) Green/Yellow wire is not shorting to ground (use a multi meter, measure resistance/continuity between the Grn/Yel wire & ground), then check for ABS fault codes, see what the fault code is & take it from there, see below how to check the Grn/Yel wire from the manual:
[C-4] THE ABS WARNING LIGHT FLASHES
1. Check whether the T/C terminal(under the LHS side cover) (green/yellow) of the ABS test coupler is short-circuited to the
ground when the test coupler adapter is removed.
• If the T/C terminal is short-circuited to the ground, the wire harness is defective. Properly repair or
replace the wire harness.
• If the T/C terminal is not short-circuited to the ground, the internal circuit of the meter assembly 1 is
defective. Replace the meter assembly 1.
[C-5] DIAGNOSIS USING THE FAULT CODES
Connect the test coupler adapter to the ABS test coupler (if you don't have the coupler, bridge out the Grn/Yel wire with the Black wire with the ignition off), and then turn the main switch to “ON”. The display will show the fault codes & then use the manual to interpret the fault codes & repair.
Information for the fault codes from the ABS ECU is contained in the following table. Refer to this table
for troubleshooting.
View attachment 95737
1. ABS test coupler.
2. Test Coupler Adapter (you don't need this, just bridge out the Grn/Yel wire with the black one on the ABS test coupler)
Good morning Mr. JMS_Snuggs! Thank you so very much for taking the time to share these steps for me! I really appreciate it! I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I can go through the process! Blessings!

Latest posts

Back