another admirer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought i got alot of looks when my max was stock-now i gotta beat them off with a stick. i have an 89, semi modified and a pretty tricked out 97. the max has always been "accepted" by the harley community-cause its always been the sickest looking bike out there. i go to every harley bike night they have here, just to show off the max! the otec clear covers seem to be a pretty big item and a constant topic of conversation-thats why i bought them. am i conceited? maybe, but mostly proud of all the work ive done on the bikes.

later odieoh24

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    191.2 KB
  • 342.jpg
    342.jpg
    84.9 KB
Oh' you mean this one Chris? :doh: The 83 V65 in the back is what I bought for $800 and sold for $3,200 last August to help pay in full cash for my 07 Vmax. The V65 Magna is a fun fast bike and I learned a lot about them. I sold it mainly because it had issues that would have cost me a few grand to make it cherry. Besides, I always had a hard-on for a Vmax! Before and after pics and still a work in progress.:thumbs up:

There's a super magna on ebay right now up in new england.No way near as nice though.Black pipes too.

There's a super magna on ebay right now up in new england.No way near as nice though.Black pipes too.

Yeah, they are out there. Actually quite a bit considering they only made around 20,000 between 87-88. However, there seems to be a lot that get parted out since many parts are no longer available. It really sucks, but if it helps restore another bike, then a donor can be a good thing:thumbs up:

Yeah, they are out there. Actually quite a bit considering they only made around 20,000 between 87-88. However, there seems to be a lot that get parted out since many parts are no longer available. It really sucks, but if it helps restore another bike, then a donor can be a good thing:thumbs up:

Too bad Honda didn't make one like that with the v65.I really like the bike for the low and mean look.I personally never liked the high -tall look of the regular v45's and v 65's.

Too bad Honda didn't make one like that with the v65.I really like the bike for the low and mean look.I personally never liked the high -tall look of the regular v45's and v 65's.

I hear ya. I think with the excise tax crap that happened in the mid 80's put a damper on such production. Plus the V2 craze was catching on strong with the Shadows, Vulcans, etc. all HD look a likes that cost almost 2/3's less then a HD at the time. Instead of dropping the Magna in 89 for 5 years, they should have installed a refined 1100 V65 engine in the Super frame and dropped the V45's. Then they really screw up with the 3rd Gen 90's style Magna. Chain drive, cable clutch, 5 speed and not too sexy on the style either. The only thing good about the 3rd gens was the engine.:thumbs up: Right now Honda is last in line with the big 4 mnfg IMO. Nothing new, nothing creative and defintely nothing to turn my head:confused2:

Merry Christmas!

What a great age of motorcycles!

V65's, Elminators, Super Mags, Maxim X, Vmax... There was so much great stuff to come out of that era.

Someone needs to talk Kawasaki into a ZX14 powered cruiser. The groundwork is already there!

BTW, great work on that $325 hunk of junk. None of those should go to the bone yard, ever.:thumbs up:

The new Kaw Concours has a slightly detuned zx-14 motor....

ya id have to say..between the Ducati and the V-Max i get an equal amount of attention.

Last summer me and the boys stopped at starbucks and had a coffee when along comes the hottest chick on legs...together with a photographer...shooting against a brick wall in the ally next to the bucks... we offered up the bikes as props. well let me tell you...an all black 749 was the pick of the litter....had to help her on it while my buddy lent the jacket and shades....ha!

At the local sport bike racer boy night i often show up on the max...do a slow cruise by all the fully decked out 600s and litre bikes...rumbling like attitude as music... park at the end of the row grab a coffee...come back out and there they are...the ones who are brave enough ... "man that thing is all engine"... or "that is so sick...one day i will get one of those"... you can tell they just cant break the peer pressure....when you ride wth 20 something sport bikers, they tolerate little decention....

On one night i left with guy on a zx12 kaw.... we rolled up to a red...long empty 4 lane.... i lifted the visor looked over and smiled...he smiled back and gunned.... i snapped off 4 gears before the next light and when he go there he had eyes the size of headlights.... "fuck me!" was all he said....still my favourite comment

A number of years ago - 1987, I had the word "Godzilla" painted on the back fender of my '85.

I took that bike to Americade every year from 1987 to 2002, and it was always parked out along Canada Street (the main drag) near the cheap beer bars.

One year, I was on a dice run here in Buffalo NY, and met up with a couple who had just come back from the Americade. They were showing pictures to some friends, and had about 3 or 4 pictures of MY bike in the pile. I did not know these folks previously, so I commented on the Max, not letting them know it was mine, and sitting right outside the Mickey D's we were at. They started gushing over it, like it was their bike. "See it there every year", "Coolest bike in town". Typical VMax admirer stuff, ya know.

I said it's a cool bike, and took them out to have another look at it. They went nuts, and the folks they were showing the pictures to agreed with them, it was the coolest bike in town.

Another reason why I love that bike!

Oh' you mean this one Chris? :doh: The 83 V65 in the back is what I bought for $800 and sold for $3,200 last August to help pay in full cash for my 07 Vmax. The V65 Magna is a fun fast bike and I learned a lot about them. I sold it mainly because it had issues that would have cost me a few grand to make it cherry. Besides, I always had a hard-on for a Vmax! Before and after pics and still a work in progress.:thumbs up:

There is a super Magna in the bike trader for $3600 right now somewhere in the Pittsburgh Pa. area.RED

I really like them but too small for me and we have 2 fazers here now.I also know where there is a nice 2000 busa for the same price.

I always liked the Fazers:clapping: Very unique, yet high tech in their own way. Got any pics?

Busa:ummm: now thats just insane speed. Way too much for this old school metal head:punk:

Here's one of them.

Excellent, I like it!! Like many have always said,,,,, Looks just like a mini Vmax. Thanks Shawn!

Take care of those rare breeds and enjoy what they are, cause going against the grain with different rides is definitely not pop culture these days.:thumbs up:

Back