anti parasite parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredouille

Reaction score
Hi all, can somebody recommend a web site to order anti parasite for ignition candles ? originals or compatible

can't find anything

thanks a lot

I had pinworms when I was 5-6 years old. My grandmother was from the old country. The way they got rid of them was to eat raw garlic.

Tutuapp 9Apps

Last edited:
I love garlic, no garlic-phobic parasites here haha.

Coils?

The OEM coils I never found replacements for either, instead I decided to try a common upgrade for these aged and heavy coils which is to convert to COPS (Coil Over Plug, using more modern stick type coils). It's not expensive and a fairly straight up install. After the conversion I had an easier time tuning and synching.

You can do this and leave the old coils in place, but they are so damn heavy, the rear coil pack is fairly easy to remove but the front coil pack is a real knucklebuster. I've read some just leave it in place but I could not bear to leave dead weaght on the bike. https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/birdopreys-cop-coils-over-plugs-mod.5766/

I'm pretty sure you can find a COP conversion harness right on this forum. Also it's very common for that green plugwire corrosion to accumulate in the HT outlet of the coil. Plug caps are another common fail item on these old girls but a cheap easy fix. A good cleaning of the OEM coils might be sufficient to cure what ails, I did the upgrade because the benifet vs. cost is hard to ignore.

I hope this helps.

shayia is a person whose comments rival some of my own for making a 'leap of free-association' when some mechanical subject comes to our attention. caseyjones955 has a concise statement about the COP's issue. Our member who was making the COP's was bought-out by Sean Morley (one2dmax) and while he is not making the COP's himself, I believe that you can buy all the individual pieces from him to make a set of your own. If you have the early ignition system, (1985-'89) prudence dictates that you used the resistors that were originally included as part of the plug & play system. Anecdotal evidence shows that people with that system sometimes found themselves with dead ignition boxes. That's as reported here, on our forum.

The theory is that the impedance load needs to be the same as the OEM, and that if you use a COP which doesn't have the same ohms, you need to add the appropriate resistor so that the ignition system is presented with the same load to avoid causing premature ignition box failure.

There is another replacement for the OEM primary coils, the DYNA green coils are an acceptable substitute. They are large in size and weight, compared to the COP's.

Back