Bike Goes Down!! nobody hurt..pics of parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remtlm

Reaction score
ok....so my son....begs to take out the baby yesterday....i submit to his wishes...which obviously...was the wrong decision.......he dumped her on the left side...very slowly fortunately and broke a few pieces...im posting pictures in hopes that someone here will have these parts for sale, for gift, or know where to get them reasonably!! thanks for your help and consideration

rick

Attachments

• damage.jpg
    damage.jpg
    62.5 KB
Last edited by a moderator:
The engine guards will straighten without anything special. The shifter will require heat (a lot of it). Send it to us and we'll do it for a nominal fee. It will either need coated or repainted (or chromed) once we get done with it. We can rechrome or coat the guards too (though they won't look all that bad straightened up other then the small rash on the edge of the main tube).

Sean

ok....so my son....begs to take out the baby yesterday....i submit to his wishes...which obviously...was the wrong decision.......he dumped her on the left side...very slowly fortunately and broke a few pieces...im posting pictures in hopes that someone here will have these parts for sale, for gift, or know where to get them reasonably!! thanks for your help and consideration

rick
I am in Oldsmar a hop skip & jump down the road & can most likely fix the shifter & case gaurd very easily. Fell free to call me at 813-270-0000 Thanks,Kyle

The Heavyweights (Sean & Kyle) beat me to it, as they usually-do.

I favor heat to straighten those parts. If you do that you probably can avoid $$ on replacements. That's what I would do but I own a gas ax. Take advantage of your local member, or the mail services offered. You don't need to buy parts if that's all you need.

If that's all there is with no handle bar area brakage or signals, etc.....you got out pretty easy....congrats...that's the good news if there is any.....and what did we learn from this "little" experience..:biglaugh:

Looks like your in great hands.
+1 on the straitening. You'll be back on the road in no time.
Now its time to get to the proctologist for the rectal-bootectomy to remove your foot from your boy's backside :biglaugh:.

If your handlebars are bent, I'm pretty sure I have the stockers from my '07 in the garage. Your more than welcome to them.

I have a harley and a honda to work on today so will be out working if you wanna come by and get that fixed real quick today just call me and let me know. I am relativly cheap And by relativly cheap I mean I fix the shifter & you by me a cold adult beverage one day.

Oh how I feel your pain after my incident this week. Other than my dirt bike, I have not dropped my bike in thirty years. Pride was the worst damage. I have straightened out many a shift levers that were written off as junk. Don't forget that the boy is paying for the damage right?

Just be glad you didn't have a Ducati Diavel, a get-off & subsequent damage to that might have totaled it out!:rofl_200:

info_205_H.html
info_205_H.html
Too bad that your son had to be the one who broke your gear shifter but shit happens. I did it to my bike not only once but twice... grhhh... After the last stupidity I didn?t want to bent the shifter with heat cos I thought it might get weak so I ordered a new one from Exactrep England http://www.exactrep.com . They sell exellent quality V-Max special parts. I have only good experience of their service so I give my warm recommendation see what they got. I have already ordered coolant hose set, gear lever and levers for the front break and clutch.

info_205_H.html

remtlm: I'm in St. Pete too.. We could hook up and see just how much needs to be done. Kyle's right he's only about 20 miles away if that were something you'd like to do... I'll PM you..

Dave

Back