bike shuts off on take off and everything shuts off

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx guys,
I am electronicaly enclined so, as long as I know which circuts run together I can chase down this ghost (I hope)
But at least I now know where to start.
My switch has given me problems before as it is sometimes difficult to turn off and on. I will keep you posted on this.
<<Dave>>:punk:

I thank you so much for your help and interest in my problem
but, I`m afraid that you`ll get mad when I tell you what caused this mess.
when I took the bike out for a little ride, I had the left scoop off of it because I had replaced my 14ga. wire that went from my R1 regulator to the battery pos. & neg. terminals with 12ga. monster cable (i got an extra volt and less resistance to the battery) so when I replaced the scoop I pinched the wires that go to the #2 cop. I didn`t know that when you turn the key, the whole ignition system goes hot thus causing a direct short and causing the fuse to blow.:bang head::bang head::bang head: so I fixed it and the bike fired and runs fine.:eusa_dance::clapping:
I guess you learn something every day , I just wish it didn`t have to be the hard way:damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:
<<Dave>>:punk:

Latest posts

Back