Brake rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arm-stretcher

Reaction score
:2gunsfiring_v1:I almost forgot. All three of my rotors are cracked! you can't feel it, but as far as I can see it's only the outside surface. I could be wrong on that, as I haven't made a really detailed inspection. I have no idea how long they have been this way.
Any idea's or suggestions on replacements? Yamaha, or EBC? or "other"?
Thabk you again.
'92 'Max - Just over 13,000 miles.

:2gunsfiring_v1:I almost forgot. All three of my rotors are cracked! you can't feel it, but as far as I can see it's only the outside surface. I could be wrong on that, as I haven't made a really detailed inspection. I have no idea how long they have been this way.
Any idea's or suggestions on replacements? Yamaha, or EBC? or "other"?
Thabk you again.
'92 'Max - Just over 13,000 miles.

I don't know about cracked, especially all three at the same time. What your looking at is probably the expansion joints in them.

His year does have all 280mm rotors. They should have 3 vertical expansion joints which many mistake as cracks. You're fine and don't need new rotors.

Now, if you want to use an excuse to get new rotors then we sell Galfer, EBC, as well as a Chinese brand (knock off to Galfer). You could even get the Hayabusa brake upgrade and really have some braking power.

Back