Broken shift fork?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record, Sovie's sucks ass. Except for the old guy I talked to, everyone there was rude and seemingly incompetent at using a parts computer.

-Called to order parts last Monday morning at like 11am. They told me the parts guy was at lunch and to call back later, then hung up. Called at 12:30, nobody answered the phone. Called again at 2, gave him the part numbers and he told me they would be in Thursday, Friday at the latest.

-Thursday I call, parts haven't arrived yet. "Tomorrow for sure".

-Friday I call, parts still not there. Now I get some story about it being too late or order monday, and the parts guy has tuesdays off. They were actually ordered Wednesday, and to expect them on monday.

-Monday, -surprise- no parts. I bitch out the annoyed sounding guy on the phone and ask for the manager. Some old guy comes on the phone and was actually polite. Said there was a "mix up" in the parts counter and my parts never got ordered. He said he would immediately order them overnighted and I would have them "for sure" today.

-Today, no parts. Some lady answers the phone, I ask about the parts, and she comes back like 10 minutes later to say "nope, not here yet". I tell here that I was promised they would be in today and were overnighted. Old guy comes on the phone again, saying it's really strange the parts didn't show up and that there "must have been a computer glitch". Said he re-ordered the parts, overnighted again, and "if they don't show up tomorrow something strange is goin' on" I then asked the price of the parts order for the first time.....$98!- "of course we won't charge you for the overnight fees" WTF? Even through Ronnie's it came it at about $70. Talk about dealer markup. I just told him to not bother and hung up on them instead.

I called Sean to order the parts overnighted-even paying some $40 for shipping will work out to be less than what the dealer wanted.

WTF did you keep going back to them for?! After they didn't order the parts the first time, I would have been gone.

If I wasn't up at school I would have just forgotten about them, but the next closest dealer is an hour away. At home in Albany I can be at 3 Yamaha dealers within about 15 minutes. I didn't really have a lot of choice. I did call Ronnie's to ask about shipping times, and since -surprise- they didn't stock this part either, it would be 3-4 days for Yamaha to ship the part to them, 1 day "turnaround", then another 2 days for Ronnie's to ship it to me. I guess against good sense from what I've heard, I figured going through the dealer would be faster. I called Ronnie's again on Friday when the parts didn't show. They said I "might" get my order by the following friday(5 or 6 business days). They wanted $60 or something for expedited shipping, and even then it would be 3 days out. I was really hoping for the parts today, since both tomorrow and thursday are really busy for me----have to squeeze in some late night wrenching in between engineering projects, homework, and exams. Ugh. I need the bike Friday afternoon, Thursday afternoon would work much better. Bike has been sitting in the parking lot for almost 2 weeks now broken due to some shithead at the parts counter.:damn angry:

Should have just called Sean in the first place. Know I know better.

WTF did you keep going back to them for?! After they didn't order the parts the first time, I would have been gone.

We are just northwest of southeast Bumblefuck......

If we don't at least TRY to do some business with the local guys......give them at least a chance.......We will have to order everything......I'm willing to pay a SMALL premium to get parts locally......

Sovie's however......I would have to be seriously desperate to ever go there again......

$0.02 deposited

Called Sean, he had the parts in stock and even calling him at 3:30, he still got them shipped today.:clapping: This local dealer can barely get off their ass to answer the phone, let alone actually do anything.

Called Sean, he had the parts in stock and even calling him at 3:30, he still got them shipped today.:clapping: This local dealer can barely get off their ass to answer the phone, let alone actually do anything.

NICE!!!!!:clapping:

Latest posts

Back