Caliper Paint On The Engine???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil-3446

Reaction score
Been looking at some of the higher end caliper paint systems lately. The results look like glass from a brush on system.

Anyone here ever tried it on their engine :confused2:

I think I'm going that route for the simple fact of detail and no masking.

Update: Just found out that G2 makes an engine paint kit with the same material, just more volume: http://g2usa.com/engine_paint.shtml

:cheers:

Neil

I sprayed some parts with caliper paint and it was VERY thick. It didn't seem to like rocks as it seems VERY brittle. I used the Dupli-Color stuff from Auto-Zone.

The thicker the paint, the more brittle it will be. I'd just use high temp stuff, it's never failed me....

I used high temp VHT on calipers, swingarms, engine covers. It takes several weeks to harden properly unless you can oven cure it.

Once cured, it's tough and I haven't had any problems with stone chips.

I'd like to try this new stuff on the engine. It seems to have almost twice the heat rating of the VHT product.

Maybe an epoxy type finish i.e uses a hardener.

Been looking at some of the higher end caliper paint systems lately. The results look like glass from a brush on system.

Anyone here ever tried it on their engine :confused2:

I think I'm going that route for the simple fact of detail and no masking.

Update: Just found out that G2 makes an engine paint kit with the same material, just more volume: http://g2usa.com/engine_paint.shtml

Neil

I've used Hardnose paint from POR15 with good results.For me though sprayed on looked way better than brushed on.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll keep you posted on the G2 results. It's totally different than the high temp caliper paints (VHT, Dupli, etc...) you find around here locally.

I've used Hardnose paint from POR15 with good results.For me though sprayed on looked way better than brushed on.

Shawn...

Did you use the por 15 system, or just the por 15 topcoat color???

Neil

Hey Neil, did you ever end up painting? If so how did it turn out and what did you use? I'm thinking this will be another spring project.

I ordered that engine painting system. I will try it out on my max, which certainly needs some help in that department. I will post my results.

Mike

Latest posts

Back