Can anyone identify my issue?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax06

Reaction score
Hi, i have mentioned this before and was told to do shotgun but im still not clear.

For example, after couple of hours of standing my bike requires choke to start it... I would also have to jab the throttle a bit to not let it die at first. I was wondering if thats normal

Note that i have a bike with 12K miles on an original battery that has been recharged by a dealer (thats what they told me at least). I was wondering that maybe my old 3 year old weak battery is the problem...

Thanx.

Nahh theres always a problems with acid batteries. Throw it away and buy good non acid gel battery. You want be disapointed.

Anyway that shouldnt happen in the region you live. My bike somethimes can start without choke when its really cold outside.

Sounds like you aren't getting enough fuel to me. I bought my bike with 12k on it and needed a comlete carb rebuild. I'd ditch that battery though. 3 years for lead acid is long.
I'm on my second season with this battery and couldn't be happier. My trickle charger is in storage now.
UB12220 Universal 12 Volt UB12220B1 22AH Battery
Subtotal 42.95
Shipping 16.77
Tax 0.00
Total 59.72

Latest posts

Back