carb issues (i think)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
little background info. my bike has about 18k miles on it and hasnt ever had the carbs gone through but i dont let it sit long enough to gum up either. stock jets as far as i know. runs great mostly.... about 3 months ago i noticed it started acting odd. off idle still ran great but at idle and when warmed up it will flutter. i can blip the throttle ( even barely 250-500 rpm blip) and the idle will go back to normal. ill let it idle a bit ( as if at a stop light) and about 10 seconds or so later it will start fluttering again.so i repeat the cycle of the light blip to get it to smooth out. what are my options on whats causing this? off idle it still runs strong. carbs were just resynced a couple weeks ago as well as i ran seafoam through a tank of fuel. am averaging between 37-40 mpg on the highway cruising.

oh and when its fluttering. it doesnt get so bad that it will die. its just something that i know isnt right so i want to fix it.

Try some seafoam. 1 oz per gallon and try at least 2 tanks worth. You should notice an improvement in the first tank.

Sean

I reckon doing the shotgun will help you. It's a great way to dislodge any dirt or other deposits in the pilot air jet circuits which are usually the culprits for symptoms such as yours.

Latest posts

Back