Wheelie Bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aren't you gonna want to keep those?
I have 2 or 3 sets laying around. The set for the nine's bike, the set that I have used from time to time on gen 1's, another gen 1 set, and then the set for the battlestar bike. Normally I don't use them on anything except the battlestar since it's a violent wheelie machine. This last weekend was me being a dumb ass.

Thinking along the same lines. Have one on my wheelie bar Busa. Don't think the drag shocks work the same way as they do on a chain drive set-up.

Works for Gen 1 or 2.
They are completely different wheelie bars. Gen 1 has the simpler setup with dual shocks that can be swapped for struts then tabs for mounting of the wheelie bar. The gen 2 is a single shock which has a different set of problems to mount up a set of bars (that no one makes).

They are completely different wheelie bars. Gen 1 has the simpler setup with dual shocks that can be swapped for struts then tabs for mounting of the wheelie bar. The gen 2 is a single shock which has a different set of problems to mount up a set of bars (that no one makes).
When are you making one?
Or is it not worth the effort compared to gain s. Or is it just not effective on a big girl.(gen2)

Then it's safe to say the Battlestar bike was a one off set ? Would it be safe to say that the spool mount and passenger pegs a good place to secure if fabricating your own ?? Did the Battlestar bike replace the shock with a strut ? Without giving to much away what did the Battlestar bike 60ft with the bar set-up ?

I have 2 or 3 sets laying around. The set for the nine's bike, the set that I have used from time to time on gen 1's, another gen 1 set, and then the set for the battlestar bike. Normally I don't use them on anything except the battlestar since it's a violent wheelie machine. This last weekend was me being a dumb ass.
Nine's bike ?? Gen 1 or Gen 2

Nines bike is a gen 1 and magazine bike. It was bought by Kosman and used to develop the Kerker and Stage Seven that then became Vmax staples for 3 decades. It had struts, slick and wheeliebar with the header and jet kit and first documented 9 second pass on a gen 1.
129180928_10215921638388540_5708750308136648459_n.jpg

Vmaxdragbike.jpg

The Battlestar was a one off setup and i did get pictures and think I even got cad modeling done for it. I have no plans to make another one with the complexity that was involved with it. Thought I might and why I scanned all the parts but just not practical. It uses a single short strut in place of the shock. Then brackets drilled and tapped into the swingarm with metal slipped inside to act as backing plates (which are the threaded parts). The battlestar is a much more violent launch without bars and a complete handful (see pic at the bottom)

IMG_20161015_124549820.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

Looks like the Pingel electric shifter, what did you use for a 2step or did you ? Pucker launch, good one ... front fork set-up ? Was the Battlestar bike stock engine internals ?

Latest posts

Back