Carb synch issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A word to the wise, you better buy parts now, for whatever you're planning to do in the future, because of the longshoremens' strike. You are in for a long wait if this runs into months, and then once it's settled, there will be a big backlog. Don't forget paper towels and T.P.! :( đź‘Ť:oops:

The All Balls is for 4 carburetors, as is the Parts Unlimited. The K & L is 1 carb, so you need 4.

I normally advise against the 'all four carburetors in one kit' sets, from no-name suppliers, but All Balls and Parts Unlimited are reputable. It would be interesting to have someone try All Balls, someone else try P.U. and a third try K & L, and see how things turn out. I've used All Balls and Parts Unlimited parts before but never for carburetors. I do use and recommend K & L.

I was just in Grand Rapids, but I didn't do any parts shopping. Just vacationing, and that includes boating. I also rode my friend's BMW R1150GS, which I now know is too-tall and big for me, especially off-road. It's something like ~20 lbs less than a VMax Gen. 1! Nothing I'd want to pick-up in the dirt.

Last edited:
Back