Carbtune Pro

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxedout

Reaction score
I am having a bit of difficulty getting my 2007 Vmax carbs in synch with the carbtune pro.It states to set the idle a tad high to begin synchronization but I can only find the major set screws on both sides. I am unable to find the idle adjustment screw or just plain unsure.If anyone has any experience with using the carbtune pro (Yes I did read the Vmax instructions and followed them to a tee albeit on adjusting the idle in step 2.) then please help me out if you can. I am unable to get all 4 carbs within the 2 cm/hg recommendation even after switching between left and right sides on the bike no less than 15 times in my attempts.

Look for the idle thumb screw on the left side. If you look just above the plastic "H" cover you'll see a vertical screw.

There are 3 sync screws. One on the left that sync's the left two carbs. Two on the right. The right-rear screw sync's the right two carbs. The right-front sync screw syncs the left side to the right side carbs.

I included a picture. This is the right side. The red arrows point to the sync screws. The other line shows approximate position of idle screw except it's on the left side.

The green circles are where the pilot screws are at. There is one screw per carb.

Attachments

• float drain screw.jpg
    float drain screw.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 593
On the newer models the idle is set with a thumb screw on the left side just below the drain tube bracket between the carbs. Remember, small adjustments to the sync screws is all that's required. Set the left carb first (#1) to the master on the left side (#2), then set the right side back carb (#3) to the front right (#4) then set #4 to the master #2 on the left. Blip the throttle after each adjustment and let the gauge settle before adjusting again.

Look for the idle thumb screw on the left side. If you look just above the plastic "H" cover you'll see a vertical screw.

There are 3 sync screws. One on the left that sync's the left two carbs. Two on the right. The right-rear screw sync's the right two carbs. The right-front sync screw syncs the left side to the right side carbs.

I included a picture. This is the right side. The red arrows point to the sync screws. The other line shows approximate position of idle screw except it's on the left side.

The green circles are where the pilot screws are at. There is one screw per carb.

Thanks!
Awesome again as usual

Here's another thought I picked up from another thread. Does the V-Boost cycle correctly when the ignition is turned on? A faulty or sticking V-Boost would make sync'n almost impossible.

How would I know if that Vboost is operational out side of that little weet weet noise it makes?
I'm still under 1000 miles and am unable to hit 6500 RPM.
Will I feel the Vboost when I do get to it?

:ummm::ummm::ummm:

Sorry the original poster advised me that my carbtune Pro may not be working if VBoost is stuck.
That was what my question was about.
How can I tell if VBoost is out of service?

You should be able to hear it when you turn the key on. It'll whirrr 3 times.
And I think if you take the chrome H plate off between the carbs, you should be able to see the butterfly linkage move. But I'm not sure about that, because I've haven't had to do that yet.

no sync yet 3000 miles dont plan on it for a long time if it running smooth and starting right up why bother

You should be able to hear it when you turn the key on. It'll whirrr 3 times.
And I think if you take the chrome H plate off between the carbs, you should be able to see the butterfly linkage move. But I'm not sure about that, because I've haven't had to do that yet.

I like the "weet weet noise it makes" description better..lol

One-One-Three...

Yours sounds like it's pretty well dialed in.... Mine has 5k and a few on it, and it really started running crappy...low speed cyl dropping and missing and break-up...Over 4k rpm's it would all kick in and pull pretty good. Mileage between fillups went WAY down... Replaced wires, and of course plugs...no help...

Finally did the carb sync, and BINGO! All better now...It was WAY out... I 'borrowed' a sync tool from a friend to do it...will have my own brand new one delivered here by the 1st, one of the MotionPro merc one's...getting kind of hard to find with merc anymore...and I don't hear good things about the new non-merc ones...foaming and all that...

Take care!

Uncle Philthy

Man, you shouldn't have messed with it. :hammer bash: You haven't even hit the boost yet, so how could you even tell it was running like crap ? You should have taken the bike back in to the dealer if you think it needed it or if you found it wasn't running right. A 2007 it should have been bang on or close as is from the factory... what 's done is done I guess, I suggest if you don't get it soon. Find someone who can help ya - at least for the first time and you can see how it's done. Get a trusty M/C and give him the carbtune and the instructions and he should be able to help you.

If you can't find help- take it someone other than the dealer, as the dealer will give ya a "too fuk'n bad" if you require to have any warrenty work done, if they know you messed with it - your warrenty is void. :bang head:

Man, you shouldn't have messed with it. :hammer bash: You haven't even hit the boost yet, so how could you even tell it was running like crap ? You should have taken the bike back in to the dealer if you think it needed it or if you found it wasn't running right. A 2007 it should have been bang on or close as is from the factory... what 's done is done I guess, I suggest if you don't get it soon. Find someone who can help ya - at least for the first time and you can see how it's done. Get a trusty M/C and give him the carbtune and the instructions and he should be able to help you.

If you can't find help- take it someone other than the dealer, as the dealer will give ya a "too fuk'n bad" if you require to have any warrenty work done, if they know you messed with it - your warrenty is void. :bang head:

Thanks I did figure it out eventually,you just need to be gentle on the screws.It was out of synch ever so slightly but now it purrs.

Does any one know a good shop to send in a set of carbs too for rebuild? My fuel screws are totally siezed and I"ve got a spare that runs rough but good enough to get by from my parts vmax, I'm thinking of swapping and sending one set of carbs off, any recomendations?
Thanks -Lars

Back