My chasis is bended. Any ideas?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leondante

Reaction score
I was looking a few moments ago at my new (for me) Vmax recently purchased and the penny drop about that the motorcycle had an accident and the chasis is bended. It had to be a frontal one. The previous owner cut the front fender because 'it hit the radiator' and it has a weird folding on a part at the front on the chasis, and the front fork is the one of the later model than it should be. Clearly everything says it had a not very soft hit at the front. But what made me notice it was that the fake air intakes are not fitting correctly and they look weird and out of place. I'm already asking for second-hand clean chasis and thinking about how to pull it out again in place. I'm taking suggestions.

Attachments

• Sin nombre.jpg
    Sin nombre.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Sin nosdfsdfmbre.jpg
    Sin nosdfsdfmbre.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 0
A bent chassis is a bent chassis. Slower cruising speeds I imagine would be, "ok" but not advisable. High speeds with a damaged frame is a hard no from me. Why chance your life to a compromised frame?

Adverse affects would be improper alignment of tires to the frame causing a vibration, wobble, or weave.

Latest posts

Back