Carburetor cleaning help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marciofm

Reaction score
93 Vmax

Finally decided to do a carburetor cleaning and need some help deciding on a few issues.
Already disassembled the 4 carbs and other than o-rings and gaskets, definitely need to change at least 1 one the DIAPHRAGM SET | 3LD-1490H-00-00. The other 3 are not as bad but they don't feel too soft.
If someone could give me a hand, ;et me know, so I describe the issues.

Thank you!

If you post what your issue or question is, people can better assist you.
Posting that you need help doesn't accomplish much.
Explain the problem in the simplest way possible.
List the steps you have taken to fix the problem. Then add any questions you have.

You can also try using the forum search feature.
Chances are the exact problem you are having has already been discussed.

If you could change all of them would be the best. DO NOT touch those idle gas needles that are inside a hole under the diaphragm cap. They come tuned from factory and I really don't know how the hell put them on point after touching that. I'm creating a thread about it to ask because I want to know.

Be careful not to mix/mess up the rubber plugs that are inside the jets inside. They are a couple of them but three holes. I've had a year of headaches because putting one of them in the wrong hole.

Check the level of gas inside each carburetor after mounting them, and prepare for dissasembling all again if one of them is out of level too much. So be careful with the floating thing that push the needle to close the gas intake in the carburetor, in order not to bend the small plate that push that needle. Sorry I don't know the names of the parts in English.

As you must spread apart all the thing in order to get all done, you'll need a carburetor synchronization tool. Hope you have that, also know (in Spanish) as vacuum meters. You'll need that like a fish needs water. It's not expensive anyways.

You can use this chance to check that all the jets are the correct ones, they are different for front and rear cylinders, at least.

93 Vmax

Finally decided to do a carburetor cleaning and need some help deciding on a few issues.
Already disassembled the 4 carbs and other than o-rings and gaskets, definitely need to change at least 1 one the DIAPHRAGM SET | 3LD-1490H-00-00. The other 3 are not as bad but they don't feel too soft.
If someone could give me a hand, ;et me know, so I describe the issues.

Thank you!

Check the level of gas inside each carburettor after mounting them, and prepare for disassembling all again if one of them is out of level too much. So be careful with the floating thing that push the needle to close the gas intake in the carburettor, in order not to bend the small plate that push that needle. Sorry I don't know the names of the parts in English.
If you are going to check float level best to do this while the cabs are off the bike; juts make sure they are on a level surface when doing it.
Much less of a faff should you need to adjust the needle tab on the float.

Back