Civil War military Benefits

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is interesting. I am sure many would want to write off people who are currently receiving payments from anything predating WWII. However considering the circumstances of those payouts, it is connected to a service member who either died or was wounded while serving their country. Anyone who is scamming or circumventing the system should be handled accordingly, the rest should simply be left alone and continue to be paid. Current and more recent service members I am sure can shed more light on the latest claims that are being paid out. While many of them are legitimate and should be paid in full I know dozens of people who are currently receiving military disability payments yet their are 100% able bodied individuals as far you and I or anyone other than their discharge papers are concerned. My brother is still active duty and already qualifies for 60% disability and he has absolutely nothing wrong with him, hell I am in worse shape due to past injuries yet I don't consider myself to be disabled at all. The definitions of disability in the military are quite liberal and could probably use some re-tooling. The last thing I would want to happen though would be for changes to be made causing deserving people to miss out on what they are due, a bit of a catch-22.

Well enough rambling from me, back to work :-/

Back