curiosity

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just out of curiosity what do you think a 2009 Gen II in salvage condition is worth ? Unknown mileage and if it even runs. Front end collision looks like mainly fork tubes , fender etc. but who really knows until you could see it in person and perhaps bid on it :ummm:
G

They start to show up... I'd like to grab one of those engines. Still don't know what would do with it but at least with would make a hell of a coffee table...

any imput on value guys? It is at a salvage pool, and after looking just at forks for the thing. WOW! about 700 bones each. I am guessing I know why it went to salvage. There are always a ton of little things that need fixed too with a situation like this. My luck the frame is bent and I will have to part it out anyways.

G

My son is a salesmen(I bought my 2010 from him) I asked him if he had a book with salvage prices and he says no,it comes down to whats wrong with it and who wants it most. Just my two cents but Im thinkin no more the 7000-8000.........maybe, depending on miles and what all is wrong with it!

My son is a salesmen(I bought my 2010 from him) I asked him if he had a book with salvage prices and he says no,it comes down to whats wrong with it and who wants it most. Just my two cents but Im thinkin no more the 7000-8000.........maybe, depending on miles and what all is wrong with it!

I like your guess, However I had spoken with an insurance rep about a year ago on salvaged bikes. From what he was giving me I am thinking no way will it go that high, but who really knows. This guy told me that he had seen a 2 year old gold wing that an older guy had and he more or less tipped it over on it's side. Had plastic damage etc. and it sold for around $1,800. I am super curious about what this max will go for. I am guessing $1,500 to $3,000 we will see lol

G

If its the one I looked at it looks like a lot of damage in the rear to. I would have a hard time going over 7.

you also have to rememeber how the insurance companies get their bid for repair and they use the lowest possible market value of the bike. Most of the insurance companies will total at about 80% of the value these days for liability reasons. It is a touch and go thing. I had a friend years ago that try to rebuild wrecked bikes and he said most of the time you need to get them for practically nothing otherwise you don't even make a paycheck for yourself. But like I said it will be interesting to see what happens. The price will be driven up by salvage companies on this one. I don't think the builder will be interested due to a salvage title.

Y

I would think the motor alone is worth $1500 -2000 no questions, the ecu is $600 , a new seat is around $600( three pieces) the list goes on and on. For three grand Id buy it! I cant see it go for less then 4500-5000. You have to remember they made alot more goldwings then gen II's,the theroy of supply and demand!

Bike should be worth 10-20% of current market value of bike in good condition. So, if bike value is $10000 in running condition, salvage value is $1000-$2000 - keep in mind, that at bid/buy time, you have no solid idea what it would cost to fix it.

Mike

I would think the motor alone is worth $1500 -2000 no questions, the ecu is $600 , a new seat is around $600( three pieces) the list goes on and on. For three grand Id buy it! I cant see it go for less then 4500-5000. You have to remember they more goldwings then gen II's,the theroy of supply and demand!

Correct on the goldwings. However like I said salvage yards will drive the price. But i think there are alot of you that don't look at things like most businesses. Like how much overhead do they have. How much will they have to pay an employee to dismantle it. How long will they have it in their yard etc. The price will be low. The demand for parts for the gen II isn't alot yet. Plus the damage is really unknown and parts are crazy priced still. We will see how it all shakes out

G

In my opinion it will really boil down to who is in the audience bidding. These are a niche market bike so I dont think it will go that high since in a lot of peoples mind it will be a donor bike. I had a friend that did salvage auction buys and then turn the bikes out with salvage title but completely redone and from what he has told me unless the bike needs little to nothing in the line of expense for parts then the "flipper" crowd will not be your competition here. It will be the parts guys/owners that will be bidding. If I were at the auction bidding I would cap at 2500-3K and that would still depend on what the extent of the overall damage is. IMHO

In my opinion it will really boil down to who is in the audience bidding. These are a niche market bike so I dont think it will go that high since in a lot of peoples mind it will be a donor bike. I had a friend that did salvage auction buys and then turn the bikes out with salvage title but completely redone and from what he has told me unless the bike needs little to nothing in the line of expense for parts then the "flipper" crowd will not be your competition here. It will be the parts guys/owners that will be bidding. If I were at the auction bidding I would cap at 2500-3K and that would still depend on what the extent of the overall damage is. IMHO

you are correct Niche market. I have done alot of reading in this area of salvage motorcycles. It is very interesting how they calculate it, they actually have a formula. It is scary what it does to the price.. it kills it

G

Back